• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with CM 212 EVO temperatures on Intel i7 5820

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sxcd1

I'm relatively new to computer builds. My system is an MSI X99A Krait with a Intel i7 5820 and CM 212 EVO with included paste. When I initially install the heat sink I put the thermal paste on with a single dab on the heat sink and spread it out evenly with plastic bag some motherboard screws came with. When I put the heat sink on I put it on 90 degrees in the incorrect direction and removed it and replaced it without cleaning off the thermal paste. My motherboard Bios says the CPU is running at 41C. I ran a program called Real Temp GT and got the following CPU Temp 2015-12-11_20-03-37.png

Are these resonable temperature at idle without overclocking?
Do I need to clean off the CPU and Heat sink and reapply to the CPU a small single dot of paste as described on this site?
Should I be able to twist the Heat Sink when installed on the CPU?

Attachments

• CPU Temp 2015-12-11_19-40-13.png
    CPU Temp 2015-12-11_19-40-13.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 79
We recommend applying the thermal paste as shown on this sight.

However, the temperatures you are showing are idle temperatures, and not load temperatures of the CPU...so they really don't say much.

The pics show 3.5 GHz, what is the CPU core voltage you are using for that?

Try putting an increasing load on the processor and check the temps. At full load (with programs like Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, AIDA 64, Prime95 (version 26.6 or low...do not run the later versions on air cooling) post your temps back here.

If your temps under full load are:
1. Under 60 C...fantastic
2. Under 70 C...very good
3. Under 80 C...good
4. Under 90 C...approaching the line
5. Above 90 C...WOOP WOOP - danger danger Will Robinson!

I install the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and did the benchmark and stress test for 5 min. I'm running the CPU at stock core voltage.
IETU.jpg IETU Stress 2015-12-12_13-21-11.jpg Temp Stress Test.jpg

How do you get your system info in the signature?

Back