• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with new processor choice.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thatbonokid

I play mainly csgo. I currently have an fx 4350 that was given to me on a 990 motherboard. along with 8 gigs 1600 and a gtx 960 ssc.

My question is. Should I just grab the FX 8320e for 89$ which also comes with a free motherboard from micro center, so i could sell that and this fx 4350.

Or I could get a 4690k and motherboard and use the same ram and everything?

Or I could get the new generation of processors a motherboard and new ram.

I have the money, around 275 I can spend, 300 max.

This will be the place im going later today http://www.microcenter.com/ the deals are insane, and ill be getting an open box motherboard for either choice because you save about 35$

Amd kinda just... sucks :/

I miss my 4690k so much, but for 89$ practically free, I could get a fx 8320e and a motherboard. (after i sell this one itll be free.)

How is the performance difference between the ddr4 and socket 1151 and the 1150?

PLEASE THROW IN YOUR TWO CENTS. I have a benq 144hz, mech keyboard, the works.

New gen is likely out of the price range IMO but if that 4690k is feasible it would likely be your best bet

Go for it then, grab some DDR4 and you're all set. I'd get the 6600K and a z170 mobo 3200 2x8 cl15 ram
The CAD to USD throws me off sometimes

Id grab a GPU now and wait until Zen/Kaby Lake releases to upgrade your CPU/Mobo/Ram...

Neither?

I would use whatever you have until that time. Clearly though the better processor is the 8320e over the APU...

Back