• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP with OC on 4266 mhz Tridentz Gskill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLACKHAT01

hello Friends! hope you guys can help me:

so i have this pc :

Mobo: z390 meg ace msi
ddr4: g skill 4266 mhz tridentz 4 x 8 gb
Gpu: 2080ti rtx nvidia
cpu: i9 9900k intel
PSU: ax 1200i corsair

all this good pc and i cant run the ram at 4266 :(

i just try to put xmp on and let the pc do the job and it fails and a message with this appears :

all settings were reset to default values.
the previous overclock settings have failes, system has been restored to its default settings.
press f1 to run setup
press f2 to load default cvalzues and continue.

and btw if i let the pc run by the non failure settings on the CPU-Z it shows Dual channel with a dram frequency of 1071.9 mhz

Could be your CPU is struggling with 4x8 GB at that speed, you might need more IO and SA voltage. Try setting the XMP for the RAM and then drop the speed to 4000MHz in BIOS and see if it will boot.

Could be your CPU is struggling with 4x8 GB at that speed, you might need more IO and SA voltage. Try setting the XMP for the RAM and then drop the speed to 4000MHz in BIOS and see if it will boot.

Im gonna try this, what is the sa and io voltage? I need to move that or not
And btw i want to run my cpu to 5ghz will it be possible?

Im willing to pay for whoever make my pc run at 4266 and 5.2ghz cpu haha

Barely any mobo will run stable at reasonable voltages with 4x8GB 4266. I have no idea how MSI works with 4 memory modules but you can try Mem Try It or something similar with memory profiles in BIOS. Set memory clock in Mem Try It and it will try to boot at pre-tested settings.
If it won't run then first check if you can boot with 2 memory sticks as MetalRacer suggested. If it boots then check at what settings, set them manually and bump the voltage a bit.
There can be also IMC issue as some of these processors have problems with booting at 4266+ with higher capacity RAM or like in this case with 4 sticks. Can check SA up to 1.45V.

I know you paid for 4266 kit but personally I would set it at 4000 and tighter timings like 17-17-17 what would give a bit better performance overall.

BLACKHAT01 if you expect reply on pm/mail then don't block incoming messages in your account. I was also on vacations with limited access to the internet and I wasn't even checking forums for nearly ~2 weeks.

Back