• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Voltage for i9 9900k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nitewulf69

I recently built a new gaming PC with an i9 9900K, Asus ROG Strix Z390-E, and Asus 2080ti. I enabled XMP profile 1 in the bios to get the 3200 speed from my RAM. I'm also using the high-performance profile in Windows which apparently, along with the XMP profile is giving me a multiplier of 48-50 which seems to vary. I made no other changes as far as OC settings go. I notice in CPU-Z (see screenshot) that the CPU core voltage seems to fluctuate from as low as 0.693 to just over maybe 1.01. Shouldn't the core voltage be around 1.350? Can I set it in the bios so it doesn't fluctuate and if so, what do you recommend? The only performance issues I'm having is a very occasional totally blank, blue screen. I've tested my RAM and PSU is a new EVGA 750W G+. I ran SFC and DISM which found no errors. Could it be the voltage is dropping too low? I'm new at this so any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
Ditto. Keep open on your desktop a good temp/voltage monitoring program such as HWInfo64 and watch the numbers as you run a stress test such as Prime95.

A "totally blank" blue screen? Usually, you get some text message with blue screens. Could this one suggest a video card or video card driver issue?

Please give us more complete hardware info about your system. In fact, we would appreciate it if you would create a "Signature" to capture that info that will travel with every post your make. To create a "Sig", click on "Settings" in the upper right corner of any forum page and then click on "Edit Signature" as you scroll down the left side of the Settings page.

Ditto. Keep open on your desktop a good temp/voltage monitoring program such as HWInfo64 and watch the numbers as you run a stress test such as Prime95.

A "totally blank" blue screen? Usually, you get some text message with blue screens. Could this one suggest a video card or video card driver issue?

Please give us more complete hardware info about your system. In fact, we would appreciate it if you would create a "Signature" to capture that info that will travel with every post your make. To create a "Sig", click on "Settings" in the upper right corner of any forum page and then click on "Edit Signature" as you scroll down the left side of the Settings page.

Thanks for the reply. I've only actually had one totally blank blue screen. I'm using the latest GeForce driver. I haven't had any other issues with the graphics card which is new.

Back