• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Funovrclkn76

Registered
I have a asus m4a785-m mobo with amd phenom II 965 BE with corsair h60 hydro cooling coolermaster silent pro m 850watt with 5gb memory 800mhz keep getting blue screen

Welcome to the forum :)

5GB of memory? why the odd number? do you have different RAM modules in it?

I have 2 pny 1gb chips in dual mode and I have 1 corsair 2gb 800mhz and a Kingston 1gb 800mhz this is my first build I have 2x2gb Kingston hyper x 1066mhz in the mail

I have 2 pny 1gb chips in dual mode and I have 1 corsair 2gb 800mhz and a Kingston 1gb 800mhz this is my first build I have 2x2gb Kingston hyper x 1066mhz in the mail

Mixing Memory Modules is not a good idea, it could be why your getting the BSOD :)

Wait until you get your 2 x 2GB hyper x Memory and try again.

Only use the hyper x Modules, don't use any of the others along side them, 4GB should be enough :thup:

I have 2x2gb Kingston hyper x 1066mhz in the mail

That ram will most likely only run at DDR800 in that mobo with that cpu. Have not seen in the bios but if you set DDR1066 mode the board may fail to boot also. Make sure that you only run matched ram (same part number) since AMD surely likes that best.

Thanks I was just wondering it doesn't have any thing to do with the memory voltage or timing also the reason I got Tht memory is it was on the mobo memory vendor list at 1066

2x2gb Kingston hyper x 1066mhz in the mail = Regardless of the speed the ram is able to finally run, putting the new 2x2gig ram kit in and removing the mismatched am, will be a good thing.

The controller for the ram/memory is inside the cpu now with those cpus and will have way more control over the speed the ram can run than the motherboard. If your cpu has a very good internal memory controller (IMC), then you may be lucky and get pretty fast ram speeds. If the IMC is weak...only time and tuning will tell the full story. At least you will have a matched 2x2gig kit and get away from mismatched ram set.

You may be able to run the new memory at 1066 mhz but the write up about the board on the Asus website says the is the "OC" or overclocked mode. That means you will need to make manual changes to the memory settings in bios in order to get the ram to run at that speed. It will default to 800 mhz otherwise.

What am I doing wrong I installed the memory by itself it's in dual mode ganged and having the same issues bsod if over 3800 oc

What we need for you is to post screenshots of CPU-z tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD.

First, crop and save the images to disc with Windows Accessories Snipping Tool. Then, click on Go Advanced. Then click on the little paperclip icon at the top of the Advanced post window. This will load the file browser/uploader tool and the rest is obvious.

From the memory tab of CPU-z we see that your ram is runnning at 666 mhz. (333x2 as CPU-z will report the ram bus speed instead of the DDR2 transfer rate) which is, I'd imagine, what the bios negotiated since you are using two dissimilar brands and speeds of ram. This should be okay from a stability standpoint but results in a performance hit since both memories are capable of more.

I see nothing in the three CPU-z pics that suggests a cause for instability. Let's look elsewhere for a bit and come back to the memory from another angle if necessary.

By the way, you didn't need to post three different times to show the three CPU-z pics. You can attach up to three pics per post session.

We need to know more about your system. We need you to create a "Sig" so that your system info show with every post you make. To create a Sig, click on Quick Links at the top of the page and then click on Edit Signature. For a pattern of the things we want to know about you may refer to mine or that of the others who have posted in this thread. Please take this seriously. It 's a common courtesy on the forum since we lose track of the system info you may have provided in your early posts as the thread gets longer. We especially need to know some about your PSU, your CPU cooler, your video card and your case. Need makes and model numbers of things and the wattage of the PSU.

What we need to see overall and includes information about making a signature.

attachment.php

Back