• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pece_naumoski

Hi can any one help me with my overclocking my phemon x4 945 cpu deneb with motherboard asus m4n68t v2 and memory hyper x blue 2x2 gb kingstone.
i want to know what are my best clocking parameters.

Please tell us more about your system as the total mix of components will have a large influence on how far you can overclock.

Please give us information about:

Your CPU cooler make and model. Are you using the stock cooler or an aftermarket and if the latter, what is the make and model of it?

Your case make and model. Good overclocking requires a case with good ventilation. Good ventilation means having a number of fans strategically placed in order to push hot air out the back and top of the case and to pull in fresh cool air from the front and bottom of the case. Please tell us about your fans. How many, how big and which ones are working as exhaust and which ones as intake.

PSU. A PSU that supplies clean steady power really helps in overclocking. Make and wattage rating.

What is the frequency of your memory? DDR3 1333? DDR3 1600?

Video card make and model. Impacts the amount of load on the PSU.

We cannot give you values to punch in for overclocking. Each system is different and you must be willing to patiently experiment. You will need to download and install these three programs: Prime95, HWMonitor and CPU-z which we use to help us in the overclocking process.

Also, do you have a digital camera or a camera phone you could take pictures with of the bios overclocking sections? We need to see what you see in bios as terminology differs significantly from one bios to another.

Back