• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP !!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

u2sunstuff

Registered
Can anyone provide a step by step instalation for installing the alsa drivers? Maybe I`m doing something wrong... please help getting deperate.... ADI AD1986A sound chip running SUSE 10

I have been posting there ... look http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/index.php?showtopic=33320 ..But no one seems to help .. The problem maybe that I`m doing the install of alsa wrong or simply this sound card does not work in SUSE 10 ... This is getting on my nerves as I have already spend about 40k $ in the last few months on computers and I know a simple sound card would not be expensive but if I already have one on this rig it ****es me of that I should buy another one... If any of you oc nice pople can help around a bit with this I would be verry gratefull as I have been surfing the net and forums for days now and I`m tired and have other stuff to do. I`ve been neglecting studies and other endevours for the last days... I`m sorry for the kodak moment :) ... But I`m just at the end of patience...

First off: if you want help, the way you ask is totally, abysmally ****ty. No one wants, or can help someone who hasn't got a clue about the matter at hand, remotely over the internet, for a 5 cent soundcard on a mobo. That sounds harsh but it's just the truth. Especially when said user with the problem says: "please do everything for me since I can't do it myself, kthxbye"
I'd suggest you read http://workaround.org/moin/GettingHelpOnIrc
While it's written for IRC it pretty much also applies to forums. Especially read the section headed "Be Precise" and follow it.

As always with alsa problems: first step is to look up your card/chipset on www.alsa-project.org. It tells you what driver to load (if there is one) and often has a short install guide too. Since your chipset is on the mobo, try the intel i810 driver aka AC97 driver first. If that doesn't fix your problem: more input allows us to give more and proper advice. "Stupid thing doesn't work", whine whine whine "please fix it for me" more whine, whine whine, doesn't work when strangers are supposed to help fix your problems for free.

Last but not least: we don't care how much money you spent or time wasted. We just don't care since this doesn't help you or us solving the problem. If you want compassion, go to a church (and hope the priest is capable with linux)

klingens said:
First off: if you want help, the way you ask is totally, abysmally ****ty. No one wants, or can help someone who hasn't got a clue about the matter at hand, remotely over the internet, for a 5 cent soundcard on a mobo. That sounds harsh but it's just the truth. Especially when said user with the problem says: "please do everything for me since I can't do it myself, kthxbye"
I'd suggest you read http://workaround.org/moin/GettingHelpOnIrc
While it's written for IRC it pretty much also applies to forums. Especially read the section headed "Be Precise" and follow it.

As always with alsa problems: first step is to look up your card/chipset on www.alsa-project.org. It tells you what driver to load (if there is one) and often has a short install guide too. Since your chipset is on the mobo, try the intel i810 driver aka AC97 driver first. If that doesn't fix your problem: more input allows us to give more and proper advice. "Stupid thing doesn't work", whine whine whine "please fix it for me" more whine, whine whine, doesn't work when strangers are supposed to help fix your problems for free.

Last but not least: we don't care how much money you spent or time wasted. We just don't care since this doesn't help you or us solving the problem. If you want compassion, go to a church (and hope the priest is capable with linux)

First off, what he said is very true.

Second, calm yourself, and speak in slow coherent sentences

Third, $40,000 :O?!?!

Anyways, in the future a few computer specs with your post could go a long way.

I googled ADI AD1986A, and came up with this

"ASUS A8V-VM ADI AD1986A Linux Driver for Linux"

http://www.driverstock.com/ASUS-A8V-VM-driver-download/6-9-8684/

I dunno if this is your motherboard, or not but worth posting.

Back