• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Helpful power delivery chart for popular X570 motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've written that article for AT in the past, lol...

Anyway, it isn't a review nor meant to have a follow-up/analysis, DaveB. It's simply a high-level listing of features on the boards before release (or in this case, 2 days after, LOL). As time goes on, they will review many motherboards, but clearly not all. There won't be a follow-up... it was never meant to be anything but what it is.

That list 'some guy' posted a while ago that has been reposted here by 'other guys' gives a good idea as well as this page which details the actual power bits (and more) about the motherboards: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RoFnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/htmlview?sle=true

That list also doesn't follow up... but like the AT article is just intended to be a board and feature list... so, yeah, you'll have to read reviews and figure it out. :)

I'll add the other chart here as well...
AMD-Zen2-VRM.png

Last edited:
Having worked many years as a Tech Writer, I would think AnandTech, after 20 years in business, would have found a power engineer consultant they use for an analysis of the types of configurations on that list. I mena they must have someone they use for power supply reviews. A functional block diagram of each type, supported by a paragraph or two of text would be all it would take. For 20 or so pages they wrote, all they did was look at the motherboard spec sheet and photos and summarize each boards capabilities. I used to write theory of operation manuals with block diagrams, logic diagrams, timing diagrams and painstakingly detailed write-ups mostly for the Air Force and Navy. But I did all the digital logic circuitry, not the RF or power stuff, since we had other guys for those technologies. At this point I'm not interested enough to find all the IC spec sheets and attempt to surmise the capabilities of each one.

Heh, they aren't that big. AT's readers are, generally, more technically sound/knowledgable. And while they may not know the amperage some of hte power bits carry, seeing an 'accurate' count and what they are is pretty telling for many.

You are right, it's a specs sheet in one location. But again, the point of that article is NOT a deep dive. The reviews are deep(er) dives on the board which explains in more detail the power bits. Block diagrams and such are really playing in the minutia, even for their crowd. The time and effort isn't worth the yields for hits. I could see you asking Buildzoid about this, but your ask is simply out of scope for this type of article, even at AT.

If you (a royal you, note) need to know more details about the IC's the information will need to be looked up or wait for a review as always. Having all the data in one place and summarized in a table is a much better value add for anyone reading than taking the EXTREME amount of time it would take to deep dive on the power bits of over 50 motherboards.

EDIT: Anyway, thanks for the link, trents! It's a good one for sure especially with the other information we already have. :)

Last edited:
That's the same one I linked earlier... love it!

Hah!... I was looking for that particular google doc again... And I came back to this thread and quickly saw your previously posted tall skinny "image" upload but missed your link. :)

Back