• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can this be? Air better than water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Actually, I'm very satisfied with what I am able to squeeze out of the system now. I don't see the sense of a lot of time spent on customization of heatsinks for maybe .5 ghz gain. And I think there are other issues that might negate all that effort such as air flow in my ITX case.

Yesterday I returned the system to optimized default for a bit to test the max boost. At idle with only HWInfo64 open and the usual background processes going, over a period of 3-4 minutes all cores will eventually stabilize at or near rated max boost. It's like they go through this testing/calibration operation. Core 3, which is always the one that poops out when overclocking too high, is the exception and it tops out at 3.9 something at default settings. Soon as I put a heavy load on the system they all down clock to 3.325 ghz, a little above the base clock of 3.2 ghz.

Attachments

• Core 3.png
    Core 3.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 135
Maybe that's the chosen core to start poop dwn when beginning clock descend? Has to start somewhere, might as well be core 3:thup:

Back