• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I automatically post something in Firefox?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acuriousman

Registered
I'm using the latest Firefox and I want it to automatically post something to a forum after a certain number of posts.

For example, the second somebody makes post #99, I want my browser to immediately make post #100 without me being there.

How do I do this?

Welcome to the forums. It would have to refresh a web page every X seconds, then read the screen, then maybe convert the screen shot to text then maybe a program would have to process the text and then if text you asked to be detected is read it would launch a macro which would launch a separate instance of Firefox and then through more macros launch a copy-paste operation to post text you input on exactly a specific part of the screen that was just launched and then a macro would have to execute a click on Post button.

I don't know of anyone who wrote such a program, it would take a lot of time and I am guessing it would not be 100% accurate.

As soon as they let us use a machine with artificial intelligence, you could put it to work on this.

I guess you could hack a script somehow, there's no app that I know of for that exact mission.

You could fake the post button action and the actual post using software (maybe using curl?), and also data-mine the current thread post count (and thus, the number of the last post), that's for sure, but that's over my knowledge.

Back