• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I jump the Power switch on this mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpecterM

Registered
I have this motherboard in a case that has no wires. Because its a BTX case i really dont think i can do anything with it, but I would like to see if it posts so i can make sure other hardware is working ok.

Problem is... I cant find a manual online for this board. Can anyone tell me which pins you think I would have to touch to get the board to turn on?

STA72388.jpg

That block of pins near the battery on the lower left-hand side of the motherboard is the likely block.

There should be a map of what pins are what silkscreened next to it. It looks like it is just below it. You want the pins that are marked something like an abbreviaton of power switch.

thanks for the response. thats where i was thinking the block would be. But that stuff you see under the block is not writing. No abreviations at all.

however the stuff above the block says
-------------------------------------------
normal default | 2pin&3pin
enable boot block | 1pin&2pin
boot block function | jumper setting
------------------------------------------
JFP1

I guess then I'd take a small flathead screwdriver and try quickly jumping some of the pins in that block. I think you will be ok, as the likely things in that block are power switch, reset switch, and a couple of LEDs, which are low voltage.

It try it two pins at a time trying the top row first, then the bottom one.

If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to try.

Any idea why the system would shut down during a windows install?

can you guys help me to

fist pic is Compaq iris8 mother board with old type power button .dont know what way to plug it in to start it

pic 2&3 are the power plug end on my Compaq power plug in my system the org...........

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 367
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 357
Back