• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I overclock this RAM stick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rammstein

I have a total of 16GB of RAM this is the specifications of one of my sticks of RAM according to 'PC Wizard 2013':

Manufacturer: G Skill
Part Number: F3-1600C9-8GXM
Type: DDR3-SDRAM PC3-10700 (667MHz) - [DDR3- 1333]
Format: UDIMM

It's getting quite old. How do I go about overclocking it?

Well, let's start by getting some system specs so we know what you are working with. :)

That said, unless you are running an iGPU or multiple gpus, or running heavy computational task that can saturate the bandwidth, chances are you will see little to no measureable gains.

Now, for benching or fun... Let's do it!

My computer's system specifications:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4440 (quad-core @ 3.1 GHz) - Primary Hard Disk is an SSD 336 GB model: PLEXTOR PX-256M5S - Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, my ram specifications are in the post above. (I use windows 7 home premium.)

Well, let's start by getting some system specs so we know what you are working with. :)

That said, unless you are running an iGPU or multiple gpus, or running heavy computational task that can saturate the bandwidth, chances are you will see little to no measureable gains.

Now, for benching or fun... Let's do it!

Back