• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do they do it ??...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aliitp

Registered
Hi

am starting to think of building a new desktop and i discussed this here:
https://www.overclockers.com/forums...ghest-end-builds-so-far?p=8156874#post8156874

might go with the ASUS ROG helios due to local availability here in Turkey...

will probably use this motherboard:
https://www.newegg.com/asus-rog-crosshair-viii-formula/p/N82E16813119104?Item=N82E16813119104

and Three ASUS EKWEB 3080s for mining (yes mining not gamming !...) :D

now i need to plan for the liquid setup end result to look something like these:-

How do you plan for your build and know which parts to get to achieve such a final look ?

for example in most builds hard tubing go in straight lines, am sure with a the wrong parts you cant achieve this look !...

is there is an online building tool where i can design the rig before ordering the parts ?...

what if i dont want to bend the tubing myself ? can everything be ordered from somewhere just for me to assemble it ?...

sorry to sound super naive but am still on soft tubing and not sure where to start to achieve such a professional look !...

thanks...

AFAIK there aren't any kits to buy and your just assemble it. You can avoid bending tubing with the right fittings and then just using straight pieces + fittings.

Have a theme will help to pull the whole build together and help with making design choices. Cause if in doubt you can just go does this help or hurt the theme. A lot of it is trail and error to get the perfect clean look. If you watch some JayzTwoCents build vlogs you can see he will change his mind several times in the way through a build to achieve the look he is going for. Corsair has a design configurator that might help with part selection. When doing a high-end build prep and planning will help but given nature of the thing is mistakes can start to cost big money.

AFAIK there aren't any kits to buy and your just assemble it. You can avoid bending tubing with the right fittings and then just using straight pieces + fittings.

Have a theme will help to pull the whole build together and help with making design choices. Cause if in doubt you can just go does this help or hurt the theme. A lot of it is trail and error to get the perfect clean look. If you watch some JayzTwoCents build vlogs you can see he will change his mind several times in the way through a build to achieve the look he is going for. Corsair has a design configurator that might help with part selection. When doing a high-end build prep and planning will help but given nature of the thing is mistakes can start to cost big money.

Thanks a lot for your reply, i really didnt think of using fittings to avoid the stupid tedious bending part of hard tube !.. thanks !...

Only question is which fittings will i need !...

Corsair tool is great i tried it, but is it guaranteed to establish tubing in straight clean lines when using their tool and incorporating the right fittings ?..

Hope someone can answer this and thx again for suggesting that !...

What fittings you need will depend on the exact hardware you use and the exact route your loop takes. You are likely going to have to buy all the hardware then test fit your loop. Then you will know the exact type and number of fittings to order.

The corsair tool won't help with the fitting since every loop is different, that does back to my trail and error comment from my first post.

There are no real complete design tools available.

Majority of people may start with deciding on which case to buy as this will determine the overall size of the internal components and how complex the build can turn out.

When I built my hardline Deja Vu build back in 2016 I had a very rough idea of what I wanted but it was not until I purchased the actual case that I could then start with looking at the overall interior dimensions which impact the component selection.

Variables such as how many and what size radiators you can fit, reservoir/pump sizes and overall airflow efficiency of the case will be the deciding factor of what you can stuff into your build... :D

Then get ready to spend a reasonable amount on extras such as extra fittings - You need extras as you cannot exactly plan on the exact amount of what type of fitting will be required (unless you have a very simple loop config).

Most people that build complex builds will have a ton of extra parts such as fittings so you can experiment as the build progresses. From memory Deja Vu used up 180 fittings and I probably have around another 100 or so extras in my kit of spares - Just in case I need that odd fitting on a Sunday afternoon while completing a build...:)

This allows the builder flexibility/options to route tubing neatly and comes in handy when you have a complex routing problem which requires some oddball change of direction at 3am in the morning when all the stores are closed.

Take a look at my Deja Vu build (link in my sig) as I designed that with only straight tubing runs using fittings - It is a lot more expensive to do this but I wanted to achieve a heavy industrial style look to my tubing runs rather than opting for smooth gentle curves etc....

If you don't want to bend tubing, why not use typical flexible tubing?

Also, they do make pre-bent tubing with a single 90 degree bend, if that's what you really want. The bend is in the middle and you cut to size. Probably a bit more wasteful this way but maybe you could make some straight runs with the cut off. I don't believe any pre-bent tubing exists for more than one bend or other angles though. https://www.titanrig.com/custom-pc-...acrylic-hard-tube-16mm-od-0370bp012601on.html https://www.titanrig.com/custom-pc-...acrylic-hard-tube-14mm-od-0370bp012501on.html https://www.titanrig.com/custom-pc-...acrylic-hard-tube-12mm-od-0370bp012401on.html

I agree though, I think flexible tubing would be easier.

If you don't want to bend tubing, why not use typical flexible tubing?

i did in the past, nice results am proud of, but hard tubing seems like the thing ATM, and they look great i gotta admit !...

thanks,

Back