• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can I OC a 7600 GS with water cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raizy

Title^

MSI GeForce 7600 GS 256 MB. The 2d Clock is 400 Mhz and the 3d clock is 400 Mhz o_O

khriez said:
Title^

MSI GeForce 7600 GS 256 MB. The 2d Clock is 400 Mhz and the 3d clock is 400 Mhz o_O

Well my Gigabyte 7600GS comes factory overclocked to 450mhz... So it's safe to say you should probably be able to do 500mhz pretty easily with a decent fan on there...

But I never saw the point in overclocking older video cards... You'll never get it high enough to MEAN anything because you have DDR2 ram in there instead of DDR3.

I'd like to get an X1950XTX now that they're cheap so that I can play around with DDR4.

Volt mod and you'll hit up to 700Mhz on the core, with water. However it doesnt mean much as the core is bottlenecked by the slow RAM. You wont get much on that RAM, even with a volt mod you'll probably only get up to 420Mhz.

In the end, you wont see much increase in fps, but you can crank up AA and AF and the core wont struggle at all :)

First, we tweaked the Vgpu from 1.1V to 1.8V and saw a massive clock increase from 470MHz to 720MHz. That is a massive 80% overclock over the 400MHz original!

source

rainless said:
So it's safe to say you should probably be able to do 500mhz pretty easily with a decent fan on there...
He says he's got water cooling on there. :)

Last edited:
Thxs for that link, although MSI probably has different chip names or w/e so I'd have to find a voltmod guide only for MSI brands.

I had my old 3d Fuzion 7600gs 256mb PCI-E card overclocked from the stock 400/800mhz to 500/900mhz with normal temperatures on stock cooling/etc.

Mines at....

core 606 and mem at 852

with some nice large fan and hs on... don't know which though xP

Back