• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Far Can I OC my GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Harlequin76

Registered
Hello,

I am getting a Ft03 case , and a Asus GTX 570 directcopper2(dcuii).
My question is how far can I OC it? if so what method should I use(a bit new to OC).

Thanks!
Harlequin76

Download MSI afterburner from here
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

then all you need to do is to raise the core clock (shader clock and core can't be modified separately anymore)

generally in little steps of 20Mhz, but when you start from stock you can easily add up 100Mhz and check for stability, then you increase the freq in little steps.

to test stability you can download many programs, one of these is furmark
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

download it and run a "burn in test" (leave everything else on default) and check for temperature, always wait till temperature doesn't raise anymore.

if the driver crashes or you notice screen corruption then lower the frequencies a little bit.
if everything goes smooth and card is perfectly stable at that load temperature then raise frequencies a little bit (20mhz approx) and repeat the test.

once the card starts artifacting (screen corruption) then you found your maximum core clock. Do the same for memory clock.
don't raise both clocks at the same time or you won't know which one is causing you problems if they ever occur.

to squeeze more power out of your card you can unlock voltage control from MSI afterburner. procedure is same to finding max core clock.

when you see screen corruption or screen freezes try bumping up core voltage a little bit
(about 10mV each time) until the card becomes stable again at that frequency.

remember that increasing voltage on your card may seryously damage it if you don't know what you are doing. you do it at your own risk. i'd suggest you just play with clocks for now :p
keep in mind that if you increase voltage you "MAY" have better OC headroom, but that is no guarantee.

I don't think I can stick a water cooling system in my Ft03 case.

I am just asking so in the future I can bump it a bit more than the normal

I believe that this card will have enough power all my games needs for years to come :).

I am not like if its not the highest! than I must replace :p.

By the way for fan control ,on my GPU what software can I use?

I don't think I can stick a water cooling system in my Ft03 case.

I am just asking so in the future I can bump it a bit more than the normal

I believe that this card will have enough power all my games needs for years to come :).

I am not like if its not the highest! than I must replace :p.

By the way for fan control ,on my GPU what software can I use?

From Zantal's post, he already mentioned most of the programs that you can fully control your GPU with.

You can use either MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision for GPU fan control.

Back