• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How far can i OC w/my Neo2-FIS2R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What's your memory bandwidth at that speed?

BTW, if you want a comparison... here's my current scores @ 3.42.

Sandra score :attn:

They're a little higher than yours b/c my FSB is a little higher, but other than that you have some very nice scores. It's the highest oc I've seen on a 2.6C in a while as well.

BTW, I'm sure you'll notice that the temps in my toolbar don't match those in my sig.... my temps are actually that low, but I hit my HS with my hand when I was removing a HDD and my load temps jumped by like 8°C. I've been too lazy to remount my HS, so that's why they're a high. Kinda pathetic isn't it? :D

OC forever :cool:

-Meatball

Meatball, your case is pretty is sweet and so is your OC :)
whats your current config inside and how well did that duct work?
before i had such a good oc, i had a 1:1 ratio w/the mem running at 510mhz
here's my mem bandwidth

2266.JPG

im hoping to either find a way to get higher fsb or lower the timings..

BTW, whats your bandwidth?

-d94

That duct is actually on my brother's computer.... you probably saw the pics, we're identical twins. It lowered his temps a lot until he upgraded to a Thermalright SP-94 and then it made no difference with his temps. So if you're running a stock HS, it works well.

whats your current config inside

This is probably the newest pic that I have of my current config. I took it a few weeks ago.
Case Picture

The other parts that aren't in my sig are

-Antec TrueControl 550W

-2 x 40 GB WD Caviar SE's 7200 RPM 8Mb cache

-Misc. CD-roms and fan controllers... floppy drive...good stuff :D

-My case has Blue UV paint, green UV sleeving, 2 UV cold cathode tubes and 2 UV cold cathode fans....makes it glow very nicely :D

BTW, whats your bandwidth?
Absolutely horrible... I have to underclock my memory to be able to run this FSB, so my bandwidth is like 3800 MB/s :p . I have some OCZ DDR550 coming though, so that should help.. then I can run my memory 1:1.

I've found that the high FSB more than offsets the loss from the memory bandwidth..... although having a gig of ram is going to be nice for gaming. You'll probably find a "sweet spot" where you have the high FSB, but you don't need much vcore and then you can raise your vdimm and tighten your timings. That IMO, gives you the best performance rather than a max FSB and whatever ram performance you get.

Last edited:
i just changed my mem to cpu ratio to 1:1 and put the fsb @ 480, now my bandwidth is 5.2gb :cool:
do you plan on selling your pc3700?

Last edited:
yeah, I was thinking about it b/c I can't oc it at all. That not to say that it doesn't oc, but with my crappy ratios, the only choice I have is underclocked at my 285FSB or have the ram running at 500mhz at a 200FSB....not too many choices. It almost made it to Windows at 500mhz, so I'm guessing it may be stable a little below that.... I'm thinking about sticking it in my bro's AMD rig b/c he can do 1:1 up to 255FSB, so I could test how far it would oc.

The OCZ should come tomorrow, I can't wait to see what it does. I've heard it doesn't oc at all, but all I need it to do is a 275FSB at the rest is cake for me.

wow i was searching for a thread and came to this
i have come so far in 11 months :eek:
i know why i could never get to 3.4ghz i think! - i never touched the agp voltage!

Back