• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high can you post a 1700+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Russell_hq

Registered
Here is my first attempt;

3GHz.gif

3003MHz

hey russell.

i got some questions:
what stepping do you have? ive got a 1700+, what kind of ram are you using? 177fsb is NICE dude. ive never seen that high on a 1700+. what did you do to unlock the multiplier that high?

nice work btw.

laters.
t

I'd try but my RDA+ won't go above 12.5 otherwise, I'd already be running it higher since I am still using PC2100 ram. :D

Bigdogbmx said:
Is that a phase change radiator? Watever it is it looks crazy, please explain :)

radiator? where do you see a radiator? theres a Condensor in the back of the unit. and a large fan blowing on the compressor. but no radiator anywhere.

lclark2074 said:
Is that a cascade cooler I see 3 compressors?

there are 2 on the floor. the unit pictured is a single phase. the lines that look like they are going to the other compressors are refrigerant charge (manifold) lines (to test pressure on a system).

Its an abit KD7, I do have NB cooling :)

NBcooling.jpg

Here is the condensor;

MyRig2.jpg

The 2 other compressors are run in series as a cheap alternative to an expensive vacuum pump. :)

GJ and awesome overclock. What kind of settings do you use for daily use on that proc. Also might want to get that phase cooling setup in a case or something if possible =D

CrashOv3r1De -> 2.85GHz @2.1v

tgp;

The abit board lets me use all the multi's :) No chip mods.

well, I think all NF7-S v2 boards let you choose all the multipliers.

but Russell_hq's motherboad does not look like a NF7-S v2 to me.

Back