• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How high can you post a 1700+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its an abit KD7, like mine,

How come nonoe of you have never seen fsb's like 177 before?

have you all been living in little boxes?

for me the 177fsb is not that impressive, it is the 3Ghz which is impressive.

but if I remember clearly, Bowman, the phase-change guy, has a 1700+ running at 3Ghz, not just posting at 3Ghz.

I think Bowman had a barton 2500 at 3GHz but more than likely he could do 3GHz with a 1700+ B aswell. Im running this on propane at the moment, changing to R404a maybe as soon as next week which should give me a performance boost, 4-5 degrees C lower atleast and more cooling power per gram of gas :)

It is a KD7, I allready mentioned that. :)

My goal is to get this runnung at 3GHz, I think I can do it with the R404a

Good luck with that!

what temperatures are you having now at 2.85Ghz and 2.1v?

awsome cooling setup. I assume you built it yourself? must have taken a lot of work no?

sorry. i thought he said fsb was 277. misread it.

your right, i think the nf7s v2 is 'supposed' to have all the mults unlocked but i heard somewhere if you try above 12.5x it just says its above but it doesnt go.

anyeone know any truth behind this or not?

Tried to put mobo back in case and get it all nice but I screwed my cpu when I mounted the evap. It crushed one of those little black things on the package surface. I resoldered one back on from a dead duron, I got it to post but then it froze and wouldnt come back. :(

So now I have an old 2000+ DUT3C 0230, iirc, and it struggles to go by 2000MHz so now im looking for a new chip. Dont know whether to go for 2500+ AQ(X/Z)EA Barton or an 1800+ DLT3C Thoroughbred B, cant find any 1700+. Im leaning towards the 1800+ as Im looking towards the new generation of processors and need to save some £££ as this project has cost me quite a bit.

what do you mean you cant find any 1700+ b's? there are tons of them still around and guranteed stepping.

"The 2 other compressors are run in series as a cheap alternative to an expensive vacuum pump"

sorry for being so N00b , but I do not get the sense of a vacumm pump in the setup.. please explain

Back