• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How low will Crucial go? Does 2x1GB 6400 Tracers for $25 after rebates sound good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK guys, this thread is about a Ballistix deal at Buy.com.

It is not a thread to discuss the merits of opening, using or closing credit card accounts so how about we keep it on topic.

Whether someone wants to open an account to save $30 is simply up to that individual and just one of the options available with this ram deal.

They're discussing the deal since signing up for a credit card is an important part of the deal. A lot of people are still young on this forum and I think it's important for them to understand the outcome of opening a new credit card account...I'm just turned 18 so all of this comes new to me.

They're discussing the deal since signing up for a credit card is an important part of the deal. A lot of people are still young on this forum and I think it's important for them to understand the outcome of opening a new credit card account...I'm just turned 18 so all of this comes new to me.

I understand that the option of whether or not to sign up for a credit card for the add'l discount is part of this deal...the problem is that the discussion has turned not from whether the Ballistix purchase is a good deal to a general discussion on credit cards use and the impact on your FICO score.

I just suggest to anyone that is really interested in learning about credit card use, abuses and pitfalls, that a thread in the CyberDeals section of the Overclockers Forum is hardly the place to obtain such information. Either start a thread in the General Discussions area, or better yet...Google and you will find many qualified sources of information on this topic.

This thread was intended by me, the Opening Poster, as a thread to share what I considered to be a good price on a set of Crucial Ballistix and not a discussion about FICO scores. I believe it to be a good price for the Tracers, whether or not you use the credit card option...that is just a bonus and not a required part of the deal. FICO scores have nothing to do with this deal.

Can we keep it that way?

Can we keep it that way?

Let us do just that...

I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to go for 4x1gb or not, but it's a good thing it's OOS now cuz now I won't have to. :) Plus, my case woulda been LIT with tracers... maybe too much! :D

Even if not the Tracers...it is just crazy to think that you can pick up a 2 gig kit of Ballistix for $25 if you choose to take all the available discounts.

Dang Crucial! Just how low can you go?

Maybe they'll start paying us to buy their ram?

Even if not the Tracers...it is just crazy to think that you can pick up a 2 gig kit of Ballistix for $25 if you choose to take all the available discounts.

Maybe they'll start paying us to buy their ram?

It really makes me wonder what's going on... perhaps we're not going to need computers anymore in the near future b/c of some extremely, highly confidential invention that's on the horizon!!! :eek::eek:

well I have to rma a set of 6400's so I nkow I will be buying another 2 gig set to use till the rma gets back them I will have 4 gigz if i ever dieside to goto vista

It really makes me wonder what's going on... perhaps we're not going to need computers anymore in the near future b/c of some extremely, highly confidential invention that's on the horizon!!! :eek::eek:

Do you always come up with these weird ideas when your tired? If so, then me thinks that your gf is keeping you up way too much...err, I mean late, these days. :)

We won't use the memory from the ram, but the memory from our brains!!!

I wonder how many GB's that would be?

We won't use the memory from the ram, but the memory from our brains!!!

I wonder how many GB's that would be?

in my case, infinite!!

Do you always come up with these weird ideas when your tired? If so, then me thinks that your gf is keeping you up way too much...err, I mean late, these days. :)

this is very true... you're right on point and i'm not joking, lol. :)

in my case, infinite!!

You know what, "g0d _Man"? Your modesty is refreshingly lacking! :D

You also know that for some daggum reason I can't type your nick without it trying to turn into an email addy...which is why I had to spoof your name.

You know what, "g0d _Man"? Your modesty is refreshingly lacking! :D

You also know that for some daggum reason I can't type your nick without it trying to turn into an email addy...which is why I had to spoof your name.

why don't you do one of these (use brackets instead of parentheses)...

g0dM@(b)(/b)n

see if that works...
but yeah i can type it with no problems, lol... watch:
g0dM@n

i fully do not intend to reopen the credit score theme we had here. whatever money off you get for applying for the visa though comes from visa, not crucial. crucial still gets their $55 in the end which is kind of turning into the norm these days. i <3 price drops. :)

While I can certainly see where the thread title and that other post would lead someone to conclude that I was posing a question regarding Crucial's pricing policies, I really intended it to mean more along the lines of "dang, see just how little dough it take to get Crucial ram these days!".

With respect to whom gets what...I believe that Crucial actually gets whatever newegg paid them for the ram when the egg bought the inventory from them, less the rebate that they subequently are paying us (rebates come directly from Crucial).

Newegg gets the $110. They most likely do not chip in towards the rebate, as that is usually done by Crucial (manufacturer) to help NE (and other resellers) clear out their old products so that they will be willing to stock their new products (DDR3???).

And your right, the other $30 comes from VISA/Buy.com.

And those that buy the ram get two gigs for $25, if they so choose to take advantage of all the options, which after all, was the point of starting this thread.

How 'bout that...I didn't mention credit scores, either. :)

I just bought another 2GB set of the Crucial Ballistix PC6400 (non tracers), so I've got 4GB now. It was originally 109.99. 109.99 - 55MIR - 5% off coupon - $10 rebate through buy.com, for not taking a magazine deal = $44.99

That is just a great price for a set of Tracers. Is that add'l 10% off easy to find, or do you need a link to it?

If so, got a link for everyone?

Back