• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many case fans do you run?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many case fans do you run?

• None - I'm too cool for that!

Votes: 46 3.1%

Votes: 73 4.8%

Votes: 191 12.7%

Votes: 177 11.7%

Votes: 266 17.7%

Votes: 250 16.6%

Votes: 132 8.8%

Votes: 123 8.2%

Votes: 69 4.6%
  • 9+

Votes: 180 11.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have 2 80 mm intake fans, 2 92mm intake fans, one 80mm exhaust and one 120mm radiator fan (which is also exhaust). They are all running at 7v. Then my PSU has 2 additional fans (Fortron 530) but I didn't count those (I voted for 6)

5 fans total, including;
1 92mm front case fan, intake
1 120mm side fan, intake
1 80mm rear fan, exhaust
2 80mm in the psu, one in one out, temp/speed controlled
this doesn't include 1 60mm temp controlled fan on the cpu hs, one skinny little 28mm fan on the gpu (hoping for upgrade suggestions), one on the NB, and 3 small 10cfm fans for the HD.
Working on a new concept; entire case cooling by way of four 72 watt peltiers, all corner to corner, connected in series and parallel, on a heatsink the size of a cake pan (5"x8"x4"deep).
one 120mm fan to circulate the cold air inside, 2 80mm fans to blow out.

its a Vasco server case type/modle 200
I have 2 fan psu
2 fans in side panle, one 120mm one 92mm
4 exust fans 80mm
4 80 mm fans blowing across hdd *edit: these have been replaced by 4 hard disk coolers the type that fit in the 5 1/4 bay each ha 3 fans in it.*
2 more fans on frunt panle in frunt of MB
2 Cpu fans
1 north brirge fan
1 gpu fan
18!
yes it is nosie.
But most of the time not too bad. In winter its best, tempriture controled u see. I use PWM to controle the fans.
atm its broke, had a short circit but will have it fixed next weekend i hope.

edit: Ok its fixed. it starts up at full rpms so the fans don't stall, then slows down to a preset value. as the case tempriture rises so do the rpms the idea is to keep the tempriture constant. it does not do a bad job. The only problem is that being summer it does not stay as quiert as when its just been swiched on. It will also get a bit hotter in there. As i sit hear typing this my case tempriture has got to 35*c its usualy about 33. but i think 2*c is worth it for the fact that its quierter.
edit now it only 26*c cos its winter

Last edited:
Only voted for case fans 7
1*120 intake front
2*92 intake front
1*80 intake side panel
2*80 outlet rear
1*92 outlet rear
+
1*80 psu
1*92 cpu

Chieftec dragon server

I have 4 case fans 2 80mm front and 2 80mm back.

All together I have 10 in the case.
2 on the hard drive
1 on the video card
1 on the processor
2 in the PSU.

The only real problem I have is the dust collects on the hard drives pretty bad. I got bored last night and took them out to clean them and there was a layer of dust on both of them. There good now but I have never seen them as bad as they were. You almost couldn't read what the maker is.

aftermath said:
its a Vasco server case type/modle 200
I have 2 fan psu
2 fans in side panle, one 120mm one 92mm
4 exust fans 80mm
4 80 mm fans blowing across hdd
2 more fans on frunt panle in frunt of MB
2 Cpu fans
1 north brirge fan
1 gpu fan
18!
yes it is nosie.
But most of the time not too bad. In winter its best, tempriture controled u see. I use PWM to controle the fans.
atm its broke, had a short circit but will have it fixed next weekend i hope.

ouch 18!!! that's a new record!

RedDeathDrinker said:
From a request from NcBaller1985 and masterchief for a poll on case-fannage, how many of the whirring things do you have in your rig?

For their info, if replying, can you tell us what kind of case you have (Server, Full tower, mid-tower or "smaller than mid-tower")

Cheers,

Alasdair

7 fans just from the case itself. It didn
't know that the PS fans counts,too.
Then I have 8! Wait the enermax has 2 I think.
So 9!

Does the gfxcard fan count?
Could be 10 now! hehe

edit: oh, of course the cpu fan:

So 11 fans in my PC. Still not too loud with all that, amazin! :)

i have none. it's waterchilled (waterchilled cpu & waterchilled+pelt video card)

I'm looking for system ram blocks.

6 case fans...

2 80mm on the side and one 80mm in the front (intake)

2 60mm on the top and one 60mm in the back (exaust)

5 case ventilators for me, sometimes more. Using a elan vital mid tower. Currently working on DIY watercooling to eliminate noise.

A lot of people need to check whether all those fans are really necessary. I remember when i use to run upwards of 7 case fans. Now i only use 3 because the more i use the hotter my case gets.

me gots 5...2x 80mm front intake, 1x 80mm blue LED intake, 2x 80mm exuast.....not counted:2x 80mm in psu, 1x 80mm on cpu

Aluminum ATX Mid-Tower from Cyber Power Inc...

0 Case fans. I have my computer sitting in front of an ac. Best way to cool it.

jk. =D

2 80mm front intake
1 80mm side intake
2 80mm exhaust
1 92mm intake psu
1 80mm exhaust psu
1 AC < can I count that since it helps cool my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back