• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many fans on your Heater core or Radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How many fans on your Heater core or Radiator?

• One

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • Two

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • Three

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Four

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Five

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Six

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • More than Six

Votes: 9 5.3%

• Total voters
FizzledFiend's buried radiator is a fin tube from a liquid baseboard heater...the origional passive radiator (not counting those big cast iron monsters :) ).

One Nidec Beta V 120x38mm pulling air through a chevette heatercore and tupperware shroud. The fan is turning 1700-1800 RPM at 5V.

8x80mm fans no shroud
redone.jpg

Last edited:
right now i have 2 80mm sunon tonados on a black ice extreme 2 micro

when i get my new lian-li case, i'll have 3... or 6 if they'll fit, 120mm fans (dunno what brand yet - but its gotta be 35db or below

Well I'll soon have 4 sanyo denki's on my rad! All 7volt :) but do they make a whine noise on 7volts or is it just a woosh sound? Oh btw Sneaky I heard the CM 120mm fans are pretty damn quiet and push around 50cfm. Silenx are the quietest tho (or so they say). Vantec makes the 120mm stealths which are 53cfm at 21dba. So theres lots of choices

They do have some motor/bearing noise, but depending on your noise tastes, it can be reasonable. At 12v it's drowned out by the air.

sunrunner20 said:
I have written a small guide on what the Sanyo-Denki fans are like.http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3230804

Eventually I will write a MUCH more detailed guide on the fans as they are the fans I am using for my Voltage regulation vs. PWM science fair. Will include RPM, aprox. CFM (calculated by total CFM/RPM’s at 12v, then multiply by the current RPM.), average amperage, and more accurate voltages(I can get accurate voltages with a bit of work)

9 92MM fans, on 2 Bville radiators. The fans are the ones that Directron had on sale, about 1.5 years ago, for 39 cents each. They are drawing air through the radiator, and also drawing air through the LEGO case. The next time I rebuild the case, I will be installing another 12 fans, as an intake, on the other side of the case. (Oh, there are 3 motherboards IN the case, along with all the required hardware.)

These fans have a temp sensor, that will speed up the fan if it gets too warm. I have 4 of them, on a Chevette sized radiator, with the sensor shorted out (runs at full speed) on a NF7. They are quite loud, in that configuration.

steve

Back