• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many games have you just not finished?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

There are a number of games I liked, but have yet to finish them for one reason or another. Usually because I screwed my computer up and lost the saved games. To date I have yet to finish:

Morrowind - I lost interest because I didn't play the main storyline
KOTOR - Bug in the game wouldn't let me onto the bridge of the Dark Jedi ship
Deus Ex 2 - Almost finished, but reformatted my OS drive, where the save games happened to be hidden
Doom 3 - got bored
Theif 3 - got bored
Harbinger - screwed up computer/got stuck
Any Total War game
Warcraft 3 - got bored

The first 4 games I MUST finish if I'm to have any self respect as a gamer. I'm working on Morrowind now, and the improved texture, lighting and sound packs the community has produced has helped a lot. I still don't know what the hell I'm doing half the time though.

Oddly enough, I haven't even started playing Far Cry, Race Driver 2 or Ground Control 2. Who knows when I'll get around to that.

hmm, lets see:

Half-Life
StarCraft & Broodwars
WarCraft II
WarCraft III
C&C Generals & Zero Hour
Call of Duty
Doom III

theres more but this is enough for now

I used to never finish games, then I made a point of finishing them before I let myself move on to the next game. Lately I've been falling back into old habits though.

If I listed them all it would take all night.

a whole bunch of games over the years
Never finished any C&C games ever since first one came out
Warcraft 2, however i finished 3 and frozen throne due to good storyline

Pretty much if the game's storyline sucks i get bored and never finish it

to many to count, i get these games online and play them, either multiplayer or single first person, but get bored sometimes or just to many games comming out to go and finish one..

Warcraft 3 - Only got it for multiplayer bnet and custom games
KOTOR - Kinda lost interest, but I dont remember why, probably stopped playing for a week or two since I started at the end of school in may (good game, probably will pick it up again as I still have my saves)
Morrowind - Great game, but again something got in the way and took interest away, probably will try picking it up again
Final Fantasy 7 - Couldnt beat bizaro, started over with a new game to check some stuff out and show my friend the game, saved over my other game at bizaro... lost interest after I got my new pc.

Cant remember any others, but ill edit if i do.

tons of PSX/2 rpgs that i never finished because i was so into pc games

Enter The Matrix (Got too Boring)
GTA 3 (Hard, and I really only had two missions left)
Vice City (Hard and Boring)

I have about 30 NES games, and I think I only beat around five of them without using my game genie. I really believe games were just harder back then.

I never did finish Metroid Prime or Zelda Wind Waker on Gamecube. I loved them both but never got around to finishing them...

If by "finish" you mean doing everything, earning every cheat and finishing every map, then technically I never finished Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. Ironic, no?

I ditched Painkiller after starting the "subway" when I realized how much of a hack job the story was.

I never finished the UT2k3 single player ladder. Never did UT2k4, either...

Baldur's Gate II
Lands of Hyperboria (DS mod)
Alien Swarm (UT2k4)
Majora's Mask

heh, reminds me when i bought ffx and played it for like a couple months quit it for like 6 months then went back to it and beat it lol

DMac said:
I used to do that a lot, but have been trying as of late to finish games. Never finished Jedi Knight 2.

LOL
I just got my JK2 back from a friend that borrowed it over a year ago.
I'm re-playing it all-over again.
It's fun to play it entireley with the light-saber (after you get it, and you still need to use the sniper gun every once in a while.)
if it hits a slow spot, push through it, it's got a good story and the gameplay gets better as it goes through.

Haven't finished:
Morrowing - but still pick it back up and continue the game a bit every week or so
Doom 3 - just got back from being sent to hell and getting the soul cube. then got busy with other things, lost the rythm
NeverWinter - but I still pick it up and play it for a few days off & on
Half Life - never beat it, but got to final boss.
Unreal 1 - got too hard, it was one of my first FPS games
Unreal 2 - got to final level and just gave up... it sucked and I was waiting for it to get better, never did.
a few others that I forgot...

VERY FIRST game I ever finished was kingsQuest IV... That was a big accomplishment for a 6th grader.. LOL

It's fairly boring until you get the lightsaber, but after it's really fun. Basically Doom 3 interrupted it for me. (I'm having a lot of fun with D3) I do plan on getting back into JK2 though.

lets see...
FFX-2...game wasn't worth the DVD is was burned on
FFVIII...never could get into it
Metal Gear Solid...someone used my save halfway through and then saved over it
Xenosaga...only played for an hour then i got really busy so havent been back to it
Halo...singleplayer sux

can't think of any others right now...generally i play all the way through a game once and then move on

LOL.

How can any of you call yourselves gamers, when you don't even bother to finish some of the class games your listing.

I finish all of my games. Only exception is Unreal, i got ost, and didn't understand it much.

Ive also not finished Vice City yet, ain't played it much, but i will. Also haven't beaten Painkiller, as the end boss is crap.

Back