• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much arctic silver 5 on my phenom ii?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm i have always just spread a thin layer on both the cpu and the heatsink let stand for a few minutes and then smush it, slight twist, and duct tape the heatsink in place...hehe

is the amd and intel way that much different? ill havta look cause im now curious.

It shouldn't be a matter of AMD or Intel but of the TIM itself - and the heatsink style. For example, sinks with direct contact heatpipes seem to work better with a thin line on each heatpipe, while normal sinks use the rice-grain method. Some TIMs still recommend (what I call) the icing method that you follow.

In any event I wouldn't put TIM on both the sink and the chip. Even TIMs that recommend the icing method say to cover just the chip ...

I love this quote from Arctic Silver.

(Fingerprints can be as thick as 0.005")

That's pretty funny. A human hair is about .001-.005

Is AS telling me someone's fingerprint is thicker than a hair? They must have the dirtiest fingers ever.

I lol'd

I would just follow the MFG instructions that I posted days ago... not much room for debate there. ;)

I love this quote from Arctic Silver.

That's pretty funny. A human hair is about .001-.005

Is AS telling me someone's fingerprint is thicker than a hair? They must have the dirtiest fingers ever.

I lol'd

Pubes and facial are generally thicker than hair on your head, so do they want it to be a hair or a ****-hair? I really hate to split hairs though.

Back