• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much CFM does a 7v-modded tornado put out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Illah

When I get my money together (like two or three weeks now!) I'm gonna be upgrading, and using the leftovers from my current setup I'm gonna have two machines. The new one is gonna be watercooled and will become my super-machine, the other is for my girlfriend and will be in our living room.

So, she doesn't need 1.9 GHz, but if I could swing a good OC then why not? What kind of CFM does a tornado put out at 7v? It'll quiet it down so we don't gotta blast the TV but a fan like that should still do pretty good.

--Illah

I have an 80mm tornado on the intake and one on the exhaust. Both are hooked up to a rheobus, when running at 7v th sound is nearly non-existent but the performance is minimal. I recommend using these at around 9v for optimal flow/noise

The dang things are optimal period! with a 1.5 CFM per DBA rating! That is fanominal for an 80mm fan, and having a max CFM of 84, that's killer too, so one of those on a rheo on your cpu would kill, tho for case coolnig it would be overkill and would nto improve over what regular 40cfm gans would get for good case cooling.

Back