• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much do you think my comp would sell..?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

P4 2.0ghz socket 423
P4vxms ECS mobo
1x Samsung 512 mb pc133 ram
Some random brand of 80 gig HD @ 4200 rpm I believe.
GeForce2 ti 64 mb vid card (Old card, currently using 9600xt but I want to keep it)
Sound blaster live 5.1 sound card
CD-RW drive, DVD drive, floppy.

I'm planning on upgrading my PC soon, should I sell just the mobo+ram+cpu or my whole system? If I just my mobo/cpu/ram I can have my HD, cd-rw, dvd, floopy, sound card, and of course the 9600xt....and the old bad case.

If I sell my whole system...I think I'm going to get a better hardrive with 8mb buffer and 7200 rpm of course, and a DVD-burner drive, sound blaster Audigy 2, and a new better case with side fan.....but...what do you think? Keep or sell all? and how much do you think mobo/cpu/ram alo
ne could sell and the whole system?

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect more than $150-$200 for the whole system. If you sell a monitor with it you may be able to get more, but the most you could get total would probably be $220.

I would also say a few hundred dollars sounded fair. IMHO you are best replacing it with a newer system as PC133 RAM, Socket 423 and Willamettes are all really obsolete now. Newer Intel based systems use PC3200 RAM, Socket 478 or LGA775 and Northwood or Prescott cores.

Welcome to the forums btw :)

i'd put a monitor with it and stick it in the local newspaper for $300, i'd probally sell. just boast the fact it has a P4...and a cd burner / dvd-r :)

yeah if you throw a monitor in there with it it kinda makes the price more 'variable' so if you set a price (within reason), rather than ask for one then you'll probably get it.
Id say 250-300 (at a push). Boast the sneaky little areas too, as Drec said.
Good luck, let us know :)

Yeah, put it in the local classifieds and sell the whole thing for like $350 with monitor, or $250 without, and use Drec's tips above.

Some of you may think that is too much, but that is only cause none of us would pay that much, but somebody else probably would considering most people see them in commercials selling for $499 with monitor, so I think he could get $350 (with monitor) for it.

i wouldn't pay more than 150$ for that whole thing with/without the monitor. i mean if i get it what am i goign to do with it? store it in my basement and sell it to the museum in 50 years or so?

Back