• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much money have you spent overclocking + modding your system this year

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much money have you spent overclocking + modding your system this year

• under $150

Votes: 90 20.3%
  • $151 - $300

Votes: 65 14.7%
  • $301 - $450

Votes: 49 11.1%
  • $451 - $600

Votes: 51 11.5%
  • $601 - $775

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Over $775

Votes: 167 37.7%

• Total voters

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Blueboy1986 send me this request for this poll.

Hey i was thinking if u can start a poll. I think its a good idea. I dont know if there is one like this yet?
The Question is how much money have u spent overclocking + modding ur system?

Then have them post if there happy with the performance they got out of it spending the money they spent?

As it does not specify which kind of dollars I made it into the 750+ bracket for my Barton 2500 system, as it was like 900 CDN.

I went well over the $750 mark. All kinds of new goods.

Happy with the performance? Very much so!!!

Heh, bought all my parts and put them together myself. Cost a whooping $2700 for the tower alone. I think it might be more, but oh-well.

Can't take the money with you when you die, so might as well use it!

Over $775 for me .
XP 2600 + , XP 1700 + T'bredA , 2 A7N8X deluxe boards (one Ultra 400 , one gold version ) , Kooolance Tower ( blue ) , one Volcano 9+ , Koolance 200g waterblock , 2 Koolance chipset blocks , Creative 5.1 speakers , 512 mb Corsair XMS PC3200 , Viewsonic Silver USB keyboard with hub , 1 MX300 mouse, 160 gb 7200 rpm 8mb cache Maxtor drive , uv cold cathodes 2 , blue cold cathode , Antec UV reactive fans (2) , Antec True Blue 480 power supply , Antec Car Lighter Adapter ( free :) ) , APC Backups Pro UPS , Multiple miscellaneous items like Arctic Silver Ceramique etc .

What can I say :) , I've been a busy boy .

Subaru said:
Heh, bought all my parts and put them together myself. Cost a whooping $2700 for the tower alone. I think it might be more, but oh-well.

Can't take the money with you when you die, so might as well use it!

Please, dear god tell me that's WITH parts.

Anyways, 2004 I spent about $300, but that's really the last of my big spending for a few years.

The year has only just begun. Thus, I have only just begun to spend my $$$ on modding/OCing. I got a Zalaman 7000 series cooler for xmas.

Two years ago, I spent over $300 on one system for water cooling. Ironically, it was the only machine lost in a house fire. (Think about it)

I'm around $650 US, so around $825 CDN, almost done, but I still have to buy a new HD, so it will be around $750 US total.

As for whether I'm satisfied, I guess I am, but I'm sure that all of us wish that we got a higher OC that what we have now. ;)

Last edited:
Well, since this year is 2004....:)
$120 USD so far. ;)

$50ish A Swiftech 5002 water block. Not happy with performance yet, but the mATX system it's in is hampered by 3/8" ID tubing and radiator. Future updates at some point should fix that.

$30ish two 80mm Mechatronics fans and a pump relay: fans for a silent air-cooled system, relay for one of my H2O systems. Haven't received them yet, but I am certain of satisfaction being familiar with both those fans and the relay.

$40 A new (used) cpu. Haven't recieved it yet, but I am certain to be satisfied.

Last year....I will toss out a rough guesstimate of about $1500 USD (+/- ) spread out among 7 machines one of which has been dissassembled (modded briefcase pc).
Very happy with everything I've done, except for the old mobo I scratched and destroyed. :( (Note: I was able to salvage parts from that one to replace burnt caps on another.)

full upgrade p200mhz - 2000+ (yer you read right)
mobo,cpu,ram,cooler NZ$800 (US$400)
and a new case and dvd-rom
NZ$400 (US$200)
and a few other things

under 775 for me, but not by much. new system, in sig :-D (well, first system...)
oh, i have ot add the SP-97 in there too. dunno why i forgot it, its the biggest bragging point i have at the time!

Back