• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much money have you spent overclocking + modding your system this year

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much money have you spent overclocking + modding your system this year

• under $150

Votes: 90 20.3%
  • $151 - $300

Votes: 65 14.7%
  • $301 - $450

Votes: 49 11.1%
  • $451 - $600

Votes: 51 11.5%
  • $601 - $775

Votes: 21 4.7%
  • Over $775

Votes: 167 37.7%

• Total voters
Way Way more than $775, I bought a new motherboard (Asus P4P800 Deluxe, New Processor (P4 3.0ghz 800fsb), 1 Gig Ram, Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu CPU Cooler, A JigSaw to cut out my side window :p, 2 Cold-Cathode lgihts, 2 Lighted Fans, etc etc.

- portal

way way way over $800 this year.
i've been out of computers since mid 2000
then i got back into it in feb. 2003
and built me a new system, and got into modding
then i wanted a new system so i built it,
then a new modded case, and wile building it
i wanted to build a new overclockable system.
so 3 complete systems in 2003 and a total of 3 modded cases
the wife says nomore for 6 months:mad: :mad: :mad:

I put myself in the $151 - $300 range,

Bought a 2100 Tbred
Shuttle AK32 for $10 :D
48x CDRW
and my water cooling.

2004 will bring me a DVD-RW drive for sure and an NF7-S :D

Within the last 12 months, 2 1/2 systems, all AMD, mostly from Newegg. By the time i'm done next month (9800pro/2 x 512 Corsair pc4000), all told >$750 hehheh. :D :D :D
elec.tron

As of 2004 Im in 390.00
Motherboard NF7-s v2
power supply Fortron 400w
Pc3500 memory Mushkin level II
Heatsink Thermaltake 7+
still need case Antec P160 I think and pair of 36 gig Raptors and SP-97. So I should stay under a 1000 this year total

was a good year only about 300 total

4 led fans = 25
fanbus = 15
3 ccfls = 30
jigsaw = 30
lexan = 15
sandpapers = 20
other modding supplies = 20
new 2500barton = 90

all prices are approximations, total is 240

is it worth it? it is every time i show somebody the box and they say it's amazing, you bet it's worth it.

Upgrading from my old Radeon 64MB DDR to a R9800XT was the best upgrade I've ever made for <$450. Now all that I have left to do is get an LCD or two!

There's HK$700 for the 480W TP
Then there's HK$1570 for the P4C800E Deluxe
Then there's US$280 for the ram (comming in soon)
Then there's HK$500 for the SP-94 cooling
HK$140 for the Cooljag 313C heatsink
Then there's HK$1660 for the case
Then about HK$300 for various fans
Ill finish the list when i get back...

Note: US$1 = HK$7.80

Well the system in my sig was pretty much built from scratch last summer, with a few modifications since. So, >$775.

Another over $775

The poll is currently running 34 to 40 percent over $775. If we could get enough polls about this I would think it should tell the computer world that the a strong segment (the overlockers) may adverage more per year that the most computers adverage per 5 years(or more).Somewhere thier should be support that one enthusist is worth more than several(5 to 10 ) standard users.
They already know this aboutin the business area I hope they soon reconize this about us. Great poll

umm... they didnt say upgrading, they said overclocking/modding, ie new parts because you fried old ones overclocking or installing case windows, etc.

you people are sick...but then the year has only started for me and I'm planing stuff for later...

wasn't the origiona; point of overclocking to get more performance from cheaper parts not spend enough to overclock a slower cpu and spend enough on it to just get a faster one...but then there's the hotrod factor which i think that overclokcing has become...

well for the 2004 year, that would be 0. But in 03 I got a new motherboard and processor that totalled 155. I plan to soon switch to chilled watercooling so here we go again...................-THE AMD AND COOLIN MAN :cool: :cool:

"you people are sick...but then the year has only started for me and I'm planing stuff for later..." We're sick huh? Yeah, just wait 'til you get into it then you'll get sick to.

"but then there's the hotrod factor which i think that overclokcing has become..." Clap, clap, clap! What a brilliant conclusion and thank you ever so much for sharing that piece of revelation knowledge with us Dr. PachManP!

HeHeHeHe . . .

since the 1st of jan 2004 ive spent over 400 uk pounds ($750us) on a mini itx project im working on alone i have also spent about the same on another project i am building so thats rougly 800 uk pounds ($1500us) mostly on grafix,hdd's and cpu

whys it all gotta be so expensive :)

next thing is going to be adding water cooling another 1-200 uk pounds ($ 170-$325us) and even more cpu's and mainboards

if you havnt guessed i love to tinker with my machines and i can allways find the time and money to modify or upgrade my pcs

the pc in signature is just one of many but it is my main internet pc and it does me for most things including fps gaming online although im only 56k (i hate dial-up but i cant get dsl were i live)

Back