• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Become a Benching Team Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some time ago hwbot made a statement that Win10 has no clock bug ( they said that they tested it ) and is allowed. They tested it on preview and later after premiere confirmed it.
Results in XTU were always allowed on every OS and there was never info that even Win8 isn't allowed. I was always posting results on Win8 as scores on some newer platforms were slightly better than on Win7 ... also in competitions no one blocked any of my results because of OS.

I don't know where you see info that Win10 isn't allowed. I just checked all tests and it looks like this:
- All 2D and older 3D tests like 3DM up to 05, AM3, Heaven, Catzilla and PCMarks , allowed OS -> "All Windows based, except for Windows 8 based operating systems (W8, W8.1, and Server 2012)"
- PCMarks , allowed all OS but -> "Windows 8/8.1 and Server 2012 ONLY in combination with System Info 4.20 (and above), a verification link, and no “Timer is off” message"
- 3DMark ( 2013 ) , allowed OS -> "Windows 8/8.1/10 and Server 2012 ONLY in combination with System Info 4.20 (and above), a verification link, and no “Timer is off” " ( this is actually mixed with info about Win10 and without it )

Simply Win10 is allowed in all available benchmarks but in some 3DMarks and PCMarks you have to add link to futuremark website showing that you are using new system info ( I don't know if screenshot will be good in all cases, link is safer ).

Last edited:
Simply Win10 is allowed in all available benchmarks but in some 3DMarks and PCMarks you have to add link to futuremark website showing that you are using new system info ( I don't know if screenshot will be good in all cases, link is safer ).

Sorry but that's not the fact.
W10 is allowed only where W8 is allowed, period.
You treat W10 just the same as W8.

This is only what you think. I see no reason why we should treat Win10 like Win8. It wasn't allowed for some time but after hwbot staff checked it, they allowed it for all benchmarks and actually corrected the rules for all benchmarks. What is on the rules page is the fact as these are official rules regardless how benchmark is acting. Any weird behaviour of reported results will be checked separately. You can actually see that all are posting results on Win10 and none of them are blocked because of used OS, even in competitions where mods are checking all results.

Yeah. I've already been introduced, due to a misread of the rules on one bench, to one of HWbots german admins.....I am not wanting to be.....erm......addressed in such a manner again for any other misunderstandings of said rules, so I'll wait till I see things in writing from them.

Yeah. I've already been introduced, due to a misread of the rules on one bench, to one of HWbots german admins.....I am not wanting to be.....erm......addressed in such a manner again for any other misunderstandings of said rules, so I'll wait till I see things in writing from them.
Happens all the time.....to everybody at one time or another. Shake it off, it's not personal.

Bad jokes aside, I prefer to see what is allowed and not allowed plainly written out. So much easier to operate that way.

Hahahahahahaha. You'll never see that at HWB.

Proper rule pages are a hot button topic. Most of us have been waiting for years.

Hey.......I'd be willing to write them for em.

Well, when I'm taking breaks from coursework.

Oh, your sig on their forums, about make people really think and they'll hate you.

Thats how I am reacting to my philosophy course ROFL I hate my prof

Meh, an all air-cooled entry level comp, with hardware as a prize would be nice lol

- - - Updated - - -

Got 8th in rookie rumble 19............cos well.........the GPU in my system isn't

Last edited:

Thanks for info but it's still not "the fact" just because every moderator will make something else in this case. I guess that all depends who will check reported results but of course safe is to act like it was Win8.
What is funny, you got answer from a mod who was reported by our team for using Win8 in couple of benchmarks and no one blocked his results while he blocked some other results in exactly the same benchamarks for using Win8. Let's say I won't comment that.
There are also moderation rules which probably no one knows who isn't in the mod team. I don't know if they changed them since I was moderator but let's say there are always exceptions and sometimes there is too many of them what works in both sides.

End of this topic. This thread is about something else anyway.

I'm so close to 20 but I have simply run out of hardware to bench, late night last night benching my master node in my cluster hwbot won't let me bench the cluster running as one or maybe it's a benchmark software limitation.
Here's link to my profile
Any ideas ? Maybe throw my gtx 960 in my dual Xeon 5520 server?

Thanks for info but it's still not "the fact" just because every moderator will make something else in this case. I guess that all depends who will check reported results but of course safe is to act like it was Win8.
What is funny, you got answer from a mod who was reported by our team for using Win8 in couple of benchmarks and no one blocked his results while he blocked some other results in exactly the same benchamarks for using Win8. Let's say I won't comment that.
There are also moderation rules which probably no one knows who isn't in the mod team. I don't know if they changed them since I was moderator but let's say there are always exceptions and sometimes there is too many of them what works in both sides.

End of this topic. This thread is about something else anyway.

Gee... That sounds familiar - Certain ones getting the pass while others get nailed for the same thing.
Same old song and dance there guys.

I was originally at around 21.9, then it went down..........and now I'm stuck at around 19.7 or so.

And running windows 8 at the moments means 90% of benchmarks are not open to me lol
Im not likely to move to a different OS till winter break, as doing an OS migration mid-semester, from experience, just leads to falling behind in classes >.>

Back