• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to build a fan controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Constantinos said:
Where can i find one of those? I live in the middle of long island new york. I am like spack in the middle of suburbia.
Online store... search google for what you need (the specs... like 15w 15ohm variable or whatever)

that first one you linked from radio shack will not work im betting cause its only a 3 watt device and you want at least 18 watts range for a high end fan

check the ratings on them before you buy anything

Man, what a mark up. Frozen sells it for 12.00 and Allelectronics sells it at 1.65! And allelectronics still is making a profit too!

Mark620 said:
Man, what a mark up. Frozen sells it for 12.00 and Allelectronics sells it at 1.65! And allelectronics still is making a profit too!

No you don't understand the one at Frozen is "specially forumlated for computer fans, and high speed ones at that!" ;)

See what a little googling can do?

That 1 at all electronics looks great but anybody know an actual store where i can get it because i dont like ordering online. I live in Long Island New york in the middle of suburbia. Anybody know were i can find a good electronics store?

Constantinos said:
That 1 at all electronics looks great but anybody know an actual store where i can get it because i dont like ordering online. I live in Long Island New york in the middle of suburbia. Anybody know were i can find a good electronics store?

nope, most big electronics distributors are just huge warehouses and websites. like www.mouser.com, www.directron.com, www.jameco.com, www.digikey.com, etc.

Last edited:
Back