• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to delete windows apps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I had to reformat my pc and I always put my pics, music, videos, etc. In my WD Black (the big slow one). Now there is something called WindowsApps in there I can't delete or move. How do I get rid of this?
It says "Folder Access Denied" You will need permission to perform this action. You require permission from TustedInstaller to make changes to this folder. Looked on google but couldn't find anything other than reformatting AGAIN.

You need to take ownership of the folder and then you'll be able to remove it.

Here's how:

• Right click on the folder that you want to take ownership and select Properties.
  • Click the Security tab, under Group or user names menu, select your user name and click on Edit.
  • Click on Full control check box under Permissions for authenticated users and click on Apply and OK.

Last edited:
then pull that drive, hook it up external and delete it that way.
if that fails, burn an ubuntu live cd and use ubuntu to reach in and delete it.
then, raise your right hand and repeat after me, I do swear on the blood of my first born to never again install an operating system with anything other than the target drive connected.

I'm just gonna reformat it AGAIN. I have to make sure to not install one drive. Can't stand that program.

One drive is installed with w10. Is there an option not to? I use a custom install disk so i dont recall if it was an option upon install.

I have had windows7 and windows10 put a file or two on the planned storage drive a time or two so I have made it a habit to only have the target drive installed when installing any operating system, including linux.

I have never found an option for where to install this or that folder on another drive on install either but, after install I move user folders to the storage drive, documents, pictures etc plus a few of the system folders that the os writes to, temp folder, browser temp folder, recovery and such, just to keep the drive writes down a little and it also keeps me from running out of space on a smaller boot drive when I make the mistake of installing a to small boot drive.

another quick thing to try to delete this file is to boot to safe mode and try deleting it.

Last edited:
Back