• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reinstalling Edge (and getting my HP Apps back without a reset)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kxeneo

I want the old Edge back, the problem is, I can't just get it back; my computer came with the New Edge...
When I looked on the Microsoft Community, they said that you couldn't get the old Edge back...
When I had my old computer (the one with the raged on harddrive [because it was a laptop]), I actually liked the old Edge more than the new one... :rain:
I want to see if there actually is indeed a way to get it back...
Here's what I remember; Microsoft Edge was a UWP app, which means it was in WindowsApps..
But this doesn't mean you can just place a download of the old Edge into a cloud and download it, then put it in WindowsApps, you can't do that.😕
Any help?
(I also want to get my HP Apps back without a reset, I had to reset countless times, so I obviously lost the HP Apps, I want them back.)

:Welcome:

My opinion is that Edge stinks. Old or new, you pick. Microsoft killed the old edge. It was a built from scratch browser that didn't do well. The new edge is based on Chrome and thus easier to maintain for them.

You can get the HP software from their support site and download the Apps you want to reinstall. Enter the serial number (S/N#) on the back of your notebook & select Software, Drivers & Firmware.

The old edge was stripped from windows via updates to pair with the chrome-based edge, which by almost all metrics is an improvement.

You can get the HP software from their support site and download the Apps you want to reinstall. Enter the serial number (S/N#) on the back of your notebook & select Software, Drivers & Firmware.
For some reason, I can't reinstall HP Jumpstarts. :mad: I still don't want to do a cloud recovery, hmm...

Back