• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to get those crazy fsb with Hynix bt-d43 chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK I have used both the exact same chips of RAM and the exact same board you have, only mine is the version 2.0 of the board. I can only tell you that the weakest link in your chain could be anything - board, CPU, PSU or memory. I would tend to think the board. I have (no longer in my sig, the sticks are resting from their long and excellent service) two sticks of PC2100 with the HynixD43 chips and I had a wonderful experience with them.

With stock cooling on the CPU, and a generic power supply, the sticks did 215 FSB all day without a break - and rock-solid under heavy gaming. This was at 2.8 volts, the highest the board would go, but unfortunately very loose timings, but it kicked the crap out of PC3200 in the Sandra benches. I remember it being @3300 something, can't remember the figures and I've also updated my signature since.

My weakest link was the cooling and the power supply, both of which have been upgraded. Due to my new obsession with Pro audio, I have stopped Ocing the FSB (just the CPU, heh) and my need for more RAM made me buy a couple of sticks of 512 each. I am not selling the Hynix RAM, it is waiting for the next setup. The only problem I have faced with those chips is latency. they can't even do CAS 2 @166 MHz, even at 2.8 volts. But I'm sure they could've gone higher than 215.

vmem mod + lower memory timing = high fsb

here hynix ct-d43 doing 550MHz DDR @ 3.2V

275FSB.jpg

275FSB_2.jpg

what vintage (date) are your ct chips? also how much more of an overclock are u getting with the additional voltage? the reason i ask is the later bt- d43 chips ive been testing surprisingly dont benefit much over 2.8-2.9 volts.. toasteroven has been getting the same results also.

AMD+hynix=bad

That is all that really needs to be said. Get new ram or get a P4 system. That is the only way you will see those sticks shine

Back