• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How To Get Windows 8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoarinPONY

Hello guys, I was wondering how to get Windows 8 on a USB or straight off the HDD. I only have a 2GB USB, and I'm using Linux Mint 14 KDE. Since the trial is smaller, I imagined I could've fit it on my USB as a bootable, but I don't know where to get it.
I couldn't find out how to do it straight from the HDD, when I looked up "How to install Windows 8 from Linux" it always showed "How to install Linux from Windows 8"... But that's the complete opposite of what I wanted!
The main reason is to get some old games and better drivers, because I used to get about 100+ fps on Minecraft (Example) but now I get about 30... on Normal distance view on MaxFPS!
If you can help, please comment and give links to any application I need!
Thank you,
SoarinPONY

Microsoft offers an official tool to create a bootable USB drive from an ISO image. It works fine in Wine, but you'll need a 4 GB or larger drive. If you really want to "install from Linux", set up your partitions, and use VMware with raw access to a partition to install Windows on. You'll have to manually install drivers for your chipset before you reboot, though, since VMware will be "fake" hardware that doesn't match the real system.

Back