• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to identify my fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yotammon

well i have no clue what kind of a fan i have
and i want to overclock soon
how can i get this info?
attached 2 photos, maybe i will get lucky and someone will recognize

Attachments

• IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0240.jpg
    IMAG0240.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 104
Sheesh, clean that thing once every couple of years ehh? LOL!

Are you talking the fan or the heatsink? They are two different things.

will do):
IM talking about both of them
I need to know if i need to replace them or not..

We need more information to tell you... how are your temperatures? On what CPU? Gotta help us help you! :)

my system is:
intel i7 930 2.8
mobo GA-x58a-ud3r
12 gb ram
nvidia gts 250
my temps r around 40 -45 c
but i did try to over clock and it went over 90,i dont know if it was a problem of the fan or settings,because i really didnt knew what i was doing
thank you very much for the help
yotam

when you disconnect the fan from the cooler, the fan label is probably facing down. additionally, the crappy thermal interface material is probably old/crap/worn/dried out... replace that with a nice/newer TIM and it'll help. YES YES, clean that thing.

hello again and thank you for the help

the computer is clean,it was a very good advice
the fan is:
PLA09225S12M DC BRUSHLESS FAN DC 12 VOLT 0.20 AMP

have no idea about the sink

i tried another over clock,with an excellent guide,the system was stable but the temps went to high

im overlocking intel i7-930,,2.8 mhz wanna be 3.8mhz,12 gb ram 1333
ga-x58a-udr3(mobo)
nvidia gts 250

i dont know if i should replace the fan,or just add another one

really need the help of some experts

ty

To me that heat sink look almost like a stock intel heat sink if your try to overclock I would recommend in look for a better heat sink that just my opinion. Look at some of the other thread on this board and see what people are using for heat sink and then just read up some review/ do some research on the heat sink that interest you and see if they are good enough for what you want do.

It is a stock heatsink. Just not Intel-branded. Get a new one if you want to overclock. The people's choice here is the H212+ by CoolerMaster. USD 25 IIRC, and pretty nice sink.

thank you so much for all the help
im on my way to buy a new fan
great forum!!!

Back