• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HOW TO INSTALL V6.22b2 (DEINO) CLIENT FROM SCRATCH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
um... i got the new .exe but ims till getting eue's.

Sometimes it can also be due to a corrupted core from what I read on Stanford Forums so I actually deleted the core so it will download a new one when Run/Restart client

Also I Have Updated the Install Guide above to reflect
"You MUST have a password and be signed into the account with that password"

and also added this line too
*NOTE* In VISTA Dont RUN the Client Directly From C:\Programs Files

might i ask what is the difference between this dieno client and the regular one from FAH?

I thought I knew this answer, but went out to the FAH forum to just be sure.

Now, I'm totally confused about the difference, but totally enlightened about the various revised releases, to fix problems.

I am not a fan of this version of the SMP client, however. Of that, I'm sure.

Its actually the same client it can use either Deino or MPICH

Re: new 6.22beta2r2 client

Postby kasson on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:13 am
@Jolly-Swagman: this is both an MPICH and a Deino client, as are all clients in the 6.22SMP family.

I got that, but what's the difference between running the client with one flag, versus running it with the other?

From what harlam357 has experienced a production difference in the Deino client of +500PDD

I think mine is about 15% quicker than previous client too,,

Updates to Client Install Guide See Post #1

What was updated post #2

The Deino client is far more stable than the MPICH client. It has more robust checkpoint recovery and doesn't quit on the loss of the network connection. As for production, I see very little difference between the two.

From what harlam357 has experienced a production difference in the Deino client of +500PDD

I think mine is about 15% quicker than previous client too,,

I did what? Humm, must have me mistaken with someone else Jolly. I've never even used a Deino MPI install, v5.92 or the v6.22 version.

Heck, both my WinSMP clients I'm running are still running the expired v5.91 beta. Not the drop-in .exe replacement good till November... the truely expired version. :D Yay for stability on those boxes. :) I'm waiting to see how long I can keep them running... I'm sure I'll have a power outage that will spoil my run soon enough.

I would listen to ChasR... I'm sure he's done side-by-side tests with similar machines and determined that production is nearly identical with both MPI implementations.

I did what? Humm, must have me mistaken with someone else Jolly. I've never even used a Deino MPI install, v5.92 or the v6.22 version.

Heck, both my WinSMP clients I'm running are still running the expired v5.91 beta. Not the drop-in .exe replacement good till November... the truely expired version. :D Yay for stability on those boxes. :) I'm waiting to see how long I can keep them running... I'm sure I'll have a power outage that will spoil my run soon enough.

I would listen to ChasR... I'm sure he's done side-by-side tests with similar machines and determined that production is nearly identical with both MPI implementations.

Sorry harlem357, my apologies, confused myself with the discussion with the Diskless folding disk Fix,

Well... mine has been running fine so far with the version I've got. I'll update it tonight if I get the chance.

Also, very interesting stuff with the a2 core. I'm getting ~500ppd better on the a2 core running notfred's USB Folding on my Opteron 165. Getting ~2000ppd from an AMD (939) dually is nothing to sneeze at. :)

Ahh, I see... now I remember saying that. :D But in regard to the Diskless USB stuff on a2 core, not either WinSMP MPI library. ;)

No harm, no foul... it's TMI syndrome, or information overload- for those who don't like TLAs. ;)

bump... until the sticky version is updated to reflect Jolly's changes here.

Back