• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to just overclock the RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nqservices

Hi,

I have a “old” computer with an Core2Quad Q9400 + an Asus P5G41T-M LX motherboard that says on the box that supports up to 1333Mhz RAM in Overclock mode.

Now I have bought 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz (Crucial Ballistix - PC3-12800 – CL9).

Because the new RAM supports up to 1600Mhz I want to overclock my motherboard to run the RAM at 1333Mhz, instead of the standard 1067Mhz.

So I went to the BIOS and just change the DRAM Frequency from Auto to 1333Mhz and the computer booted properly.

But because I’m just a newbie in overclock, I have 2 questions that I appreciate if anyone could help me:

1- I want to make sure that the RAM is running at 1333Mhz. So bellow I leave CPU-Z images. Can someone confirm to me what speed is my RAM running?

2- On the BIOS I just change the DRAM Frequency from Auto to 1333Mhz just like the image I leave bellow. So is this the only setting I have to change or do I need to change other settings, like voltage for example?

Note: If needed i leave also leave the link from the Asus website so you can see my motherboard specifications: http://www.asus.com/US/Motherboards/P5G41TM_LX/

Thanks!

P5G41T-M-LX-BIOS.jpg

Your ram is running 1333 in that pic.;)

Hi,

Thanks for confirm! I have already change the DRAM Frequency from Auto to 1333Mhz in the BIOS.

Do you think i need to change anything else on my BIOS or y just having change the DRAM Frequency is enough?

Thanks

Back