• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to OC AMD 64x2 4100 processor in safe limit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

suman

Hello to all gurus,
I am quite new on this and now after reading lotsa forums I want any one who can help me OC my CPU. Please find below details of system config

CPU: AMD 64x2 4100 Bresbane
Costumed CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler
MOBO: ASUS M2N-MX-SE
RAM: Transend 2x2 4GB DDR2 667 Mhz
GPU: Asus GT 520 2GB DDR3
Audio: Creative Audigy 7.1 PCI card
PSU(SMPS): Mercury PLATINUM 550Watts

As of now. I have learned that I need to OC little by little, mostly i think in BIOS. But when I see many forums guys doing oc on some software's directly. Can anyone guide me for this specs above, which software's I need and can use to OC?
I have software's : CPUID-CPUZ, CORE TEMP Which i got to know to monitor during OC, but My question is now how to OC using some apps? what to change in speed, voltage of CPU?
Thanks a ton in advance as I know there are gurus who can pin point to change speed. I would say if its safe to OC till 3Ghz then its sufficient for me as rest configuration can manage respective requirements (Like; 4GB ram, 2GB DDR2 GPU,550W PSU-I know its not great but its good for mid high range).

I am eagerly waiting for response! any input please let me know, i shall provide immediately.

Best Regards,
Suman P

The last bios for that board was dated in April of 2008 so that dates that board pretty good.

It is using an Nvidia chipset on the motherboard so the AMD AOD (AMD OverDrive software) will not work on Nvidia chipset mobo.

I think Nvidia made some software for overclocking that cpu on their chipset. You will have to check since did not use that software back then and would not now since it was buggy.

We by a factor of 99 out of 100, only overclock in bios in this forum section. So software overclock would be better looked into where you see it being done. Guys doing it where you see it would be a better place to look for that sort of help, because we really have no experience with software OC.

Luck man and be well.

RGone....ster. :chair:

Back