• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to record audio output coming from browser?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alzerm

So I have a buddy who wants to record a seminar he is going to watch online so he can listen to it again later on. I believe he may only have onboard audio on his pc so my question is how would I go about capturing/recording audio from his browser and saving it on his computer? Would he need to purchase separate software?

No clue on that. Worse comes to worst, just have his phone record it and move it off the phone on to his PC. Sure its not 'line in' quality, but, it will do the job.

For this kinda stuff (sampling mostly), I use "reaper"

http://www.reaper.fm/

When you do your initial audio set up, click "WASAPI" then click "forced loopback (CAUTION)" mode. Then arm the track and hit the record button, and voila! Make sure your input is 100% though. You can still listen while this goes on as well, and there are no limits. (Oh yeah, make sure you turn the reaper playback in the windows audio mixer to 0 or you're gonna have a bad day haha)

If it bleeds, we can k...

If you hear it, you can record it. Use Audacity and I think you set the input in Audacity to "line out" or something like that. You will have to google it.

Sorry for the non-answer, or a partial-answer in this case.

I use Debut. Its a commercial trial but does the trick. They've got optional software to yank the audio from the video, but is a pay program as well. Once you have the initial recording you can use *insert program of your choice here* to rip the audio from the recording and use whatever setting you like.

Audacity may do the job as well, but I know Debut works :)

Back