• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED How to remove the password in 8.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

How to remove the password in 8.1. I tried to leave the password blank and it wont allow me to leave it blank so that I don't have to use my password.

How to remove the password in 8.1. I tried to leave the password blank and it wont allow me to leave it blank so that I don't have to use my password.

Do you have to remove the password, or will auto-login work for you?

How To Remove Password Login on WIndows 8.1. I'm not using auto login so I need to remove the password.

Is this option not working for you?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password

(The how to remove existing password from local account)

The method I was thinking about (included here in case anybody else is interested):

Code:
Open Run from the Apps screen, using WIN+R, or via the Power User Menu, and enter: netplwiz

Click on the OK button. 

On the Users tab, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

That will automatically boot into the account selected.

Is this option not working for you?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password

(The how to remove existing password from local account)

The method I was thinking about (included here in case anybody else is interested):

Code:
Open Run from the Apps screen, using WIN+R, or via the Power User Menu, and enter: netplwiz

Click on the OK button. 

On the Users tab, uncheck the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.

That will automatically boot into the account selected.
Thanks I had to switch from Microsoft account to local account.

Also I have my password in Microsoft not in local account.

Back