• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internet password

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WrkBoot

I know this sounds silly but I can't remember my internet password. I'm on win11 and my brain went stupid-er. Our provider is Comcast, could you please walk me through the steps to the settings?

I know this sounds silly but I can't remember my internet password. I'm on win11 and my brain went stupid-er. Our provider is Comcast, could you please walk me through the steps to the settings?
Are you asking for your SSID password? Is it something that you set or use one that your ISP provides for you? Are you using your own router or one that Comcast provides?

I'm sorry if I'm not asking the right questions, my brain has turned to :poop: since the cancer last year. I want to know where on my computer I can find the wifi PW. We are using the Comcast router. We changed the pw when we were set up in our new house. I'm sure it's the same p/w we used to set up the wifi printers. I've gone to network & internet but didn't find anything,I feel soooo stupid. I don't want to reset it because I would have to change it on everything else. There is a location in the setting somewhere with this info right?

Your Wi-Fi password is configured in your router. You can access a Comcast router in your browser by going to 10.0.0.1 and adjusting it from there.

Maybe this helps? It should navigate you to the place where it is/you can see it...

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I'm not asking the right questions, my brain has turned to :poop: since the cancer last year. I want to know where on my computer I can find the wifi PW. We are using the Comcast router. We changed the pw when we were set up in our new house. I'm sure it's the same p/w we used to set up the wifi printers. I've gone to network & internet but didn't find anything,I feel soooo stupid. I don't want to reset it because I would have to change it on everything else. There is a location in the setting somewhere with this info right?
Check on the router/access point itself. Some ISPs will put the SSID and password on a label.

Your Wi-Fi password is configured in your router. You can access a Comcast router in your browser by going to 10.0.0.1 and adjusting it from there.

Maybe this helps? It should navigate you to the place where it is/you can see it...
When you go to 10.0.0.1 and log into your modem/gateway you can see your current WiFi password. However, you can't change it there because Comcast locks your settings. To change your SSID or WiFi password you have to use the Xfinity app on your phone.

Xfinity App #2.jpg

Back