• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to tell what cpu it is?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

untoldxcarbon

Registered
I have a phenom ii that I pulled out of a computer and want to know what type it is from the cpu itself if possible, so I can use it in my system if its better than my phenom ii.

http://www.cpu-world.com/

In the website linked above, punch the model number into the second search window on the right hand side "Identify Part". The model number is etched on the lid of the CPU.

so its says its a x6 1035t, and I have a x4 965 black edition. Should I swap them?

If you OC it, it's worth it. Otherwise, the higher clock speed on the PII X4 will probably make it faster at single threaded stuff.

It depends on the application. For most games the X4 would probably be best as games tend to thrive on high clock speeds rather than many cores. If you are doing stuff like audio visual encoding that can take advantage of a many-cored CPU then the X6 would be best.

Back