• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to unlock corsair vengeance to 1600 on gigabyte 970a-d3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

distrot

Registered
Hi my memory is running at 1333. How can i unlock it to 1600? Will i see any difference?
My mobo is gigabyte 970a-d3 and the memory is 2x 4gb corsair vengeance.
Thanks.

1. Use XMP profile
2. If profile won't work then simply set manually memory clock to 1600 and main timings to 9-9-9-27 and command rate 2N

On some older CPUs you may need to adjust CPU-NB or other voltages to make it work but every FX CPU is supporting memory up to 1866 without additional changes.

Thanks alot! Will i see any difference running it at 1600 rather than 1333? Also can i have one stick of 4bg and another of 8gb or 16fb? The size of sticks must be identical?

Thanks alot! Will i see any difference running it at 1600 rather than 1333? Also can i have one stick of 4bg and another of 8gb or 16fb? The size of sticks must be identical?
It is usually suggested to run a matching pair of sticks. If they are the same timings you shouldn't run into issues but could. What are the specs on the rest of the system, some older cpu's may not even be capable of running at 1600 Mhz.

At your signature i seen that you have an fx 8350. I am think of upgrading to fx 8350. What's your opinion about the cpu?

You would see a slight performance benefit moving to the Pildriver architecture but I wouldn't run an 8 core on your board IIRC

Best gaming mobo brand?

If you buy a motherboard labeled as a "gaming" board for an 8-core FX you're in for a bad time.

Again, my cheapest recommendation for a motherboard for an 8-core FX is above.

Thanks for your input man!I have found this under 140 euros.ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 .
Any thoughts?

Back