• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Vdimm MOD P4C800 and P4P800 DELUXE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr Gadget: there are a lot of grabbers there, which one do i get or doesnt it matter?

Grandpa Dan: a 4 turn isnt as good, so can you give us a link to something that is good, a 1 turn pot?

I think the 5243 model grabber is the one most folks use, it's the model I ordered. It should be here by next Monday.

I debated (with myself of course) on getting the 1 turn version, but in the end I went for the 4 turn with the idea that I would have more control - never thought about having to twiddle it with the system on... duh!

Anyway Bourne makes a 1 turn version as well. I believe it was listed on the same page in their catalog on the Mouser site.

gustav said:
Mr Gadget: there are a lot of grabbers there, which one do i get or doesnt it matter?

Grandpa Dan: a 4 turn isnt as good, so can you give us a link to something that is good, a 1 turn pot?

The 4 turn will work fine, just more turns to adjust it. A 1 turn requires alot less adjusting. Remember, the pot is basically mounted to your mobo and is about the size of your thunbnail. When you adjust it, all of your components will be installed and the power is on. To adjust it you use a small screwdriver...How many rotations do you want to make 1 or 4?

on the link you supplied, there are many that start with 5243. but then after that there is a number, they got 5243-0 through 5243-9...which one did you get, and do they have a 1 turn pot i can get there as well?

i think i still remember how to do this mod, but refresh my memory. i believe it goes grabber on pin 6 to the pot, then a wire from the pot to ground, such as a screw on the hard drive cage, right?

010104-fan.JPG

Has someone succesfuly completed this modd on P4C800-E deluxe? Please, tell me.. I want to do this on my P4C800-E and Mushkin level 2 3500 and I will realy need your help! (I hope you are able to help me?)

Grandpa Dan: yes, but my native language is not english, and I don´t understand all the things yet. And on forums, which is in my native language nobody has this mod..

Sorry if I am misreading this.
Wire(grabber) to pin 6, then to Pot. Then pot to ground?

There is no positive (+) feed here? You are adjusting negative (-) current/ground?

This looks easier than I thought.
So when you take a voltage measurement where Grandpa showed, is that a negative (-) voltage point or positive (+)?

Thanks.

Back