• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows my first build?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is avery decent 1080p gaming build.

I'd just throw an extra 50 quids for a 120GB SSD (OS and a couple of games).

Edit: and get 2 sticks of 4Gigs of ram istead of 1*8GB.

No dual channel if one stick only.

It is avery decent 1080p gaming build.

I'd just throw an extra 50 quids for a 120GB SSD (OS and a couple of games).

Edit: and get 2 sticks of 4Gigs of ram istead of 1*8GB.

No dual channel if one stick only.

^This

Two sticks of 4 gig are twice as fast as one stick of 8 gig.

If you want to save money and looks are not important to you then go with a cheaper case.
The build is good for 1080P gaming.

I agree with all of the comments above. Though, I will add if you can afford it get a I5-6600k and a Z170 motherboard. Having a processor that you can overclock will extend the usable life of the setup and save you money in the end.

Thanks for the feedback; with the ram i wanted to be able to add more ram later, so thats the reason why i only have 1 of 8gbs so im able to add more later didn't realise that could make the ram slower.

Thanks for the feedback; with the ram i wanted to be able to add more ram later, so thats the reason why i only have 1 of 8gbs so im able to add more later didn't realise that could make the ram slower.

When you add to it just make sure you get the exact same model of memory stick. Same frequency, timings and make. You should be okay.

For gaming 1000MHz overclock folks can gain 20FPS for 500MHz overclock folks can gain 10FPS.

http://www.techspot.com/review/1263-gears-of-war-4-benchmarks/page4.html
Depends on the game... sometimes its negligible. ;)

When you add to it just make sure you get the exact same model of memory stick. Same frequency, timings and make. You should be okay.
Id return it and get 16GB now if its in the budget. If not, I would still get 2x4GB and add to that later. There is no way I would go single channel these days... it may not affect most things, but can affect others. Why put a glass ceiling on anything in a new build if you can help it? :)

Last edited:
Depends on the game... sometimes its negligible. ;)
From techspot I picked the greatest improvement with a OC, new game title. I did not say it will gain 20 FPS 1000MHz or 10 FPS 500MHz, I said it can (have the ability) gain FPS with the link I posted.;)

Nothing like dangling the carrot out for a minority occurance. Sure it can happen, but 99/100 games won't do that.. or come close.

Back