• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows my setup and some tips?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raza

Trying to setup water cooling for my computer but there's so much to look at and after some research i came up with some parts. My budget is about 500ish and noise isnt a big problem. I mainly use my computer for games,movies and school work. Also for the Rad, i want to put it on top where the 2 200mm or 120 fans are, i think the nzxt has both fittings . Im thinking about cooling my gpu also not sure yet. Is it a bad idea to add it in the loop later? or should i just do it all at once? I cant seem to find reviews on a 560 gtx water block, gonna look more.

My build in my computer:
i7 3.4 sandy bridge
gtx 560 ti
8gb gskill ram
NZXT phantom case

Parts for water cooling:
Swiftech apogee cpu block
Ek DCP 2.2 pump
Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150
Aquacomputer airplex PRO 240(possibly idk im juggling around a few RADS not sure what to pick)

You will need more rad for the GPU added.

You really need to start in the stickies at the top of this forum, in big yellow letters if you have never watercooled before. Lots to learn, welcome to the WC side of hobby PC's!

Cya in a few days, maybe a week as you digest the info, spend hours on the external links and get a handle on it. You can ske questions, but many times we will say, "It's in the stickies'. We teach and expect effort on your part.

I sure wouldn't spend $100 on watercooling that GPU. That's close to min cost to WC it.

Back again after doing a bit of reading though i have research alot i learned a bit more. Im just wondering for the stuff i got is good for the money or if there's something out there that i should put a little bit more money into and get a better performance. Also does the airplex fit perfectly in the phantom?

though i'm totally against the h100, I'd almost suggest it here. Your CPU is about the only thing worth water cooling, though I'm sure the fan speed on the gtx560ti is LOUD. what's your plan here, why go water? if you're not concerned with noise, why not just step up to better air cooling? are you planning to OC your cpu or gpu to the moon? more info is needed.

last i checked the airplex was a marketing scheme; and more expensive. if you have the space for 140mm fans, then go with a 140mm x 2 radiator; if not then go with something cheaper. when i did my build i found the xspc RX series to be best performance for $.

Back