• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows this H20 setup...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperCoolDude

Registered
Waterblock-
Maze 3 "1/2" brass fittings
$42.00 dangerden.com
Would a extra top on the Maze 3 be more or less effective?
or
Gemini Cool High Flow Spiral
$40.00 dtekcustoms.com

GPU Block- I need a good recommendation on this one.

Pump- Eheim 1060 with "1/2"OD brass adaptors
Is the 1060 alittle over board, or should I go with the 1250?
Eheim 1060- $128 dangerden.com
Eheim 1250 with 1/2 adaptors- $68.00 dangerden.com

Radiator- Black Ice Extreme or a car heatercore
This SITE has many car heatercores. Though I do not know which make and model would be the most effective. I heard the Toyota's were good.
Black Ice Xtreme- $68.00 dangerden.com
Car heatercore- $25.00-$40.00 heatercore4u.com

Radiator fan- 120mm Delta 190CFM. Noise to me is not a problem (I actually kinda like it.)
$25 sidewindercomputers.com

Tubing- Tygon tubing R-3603 "1/2"ID
$2.65 per foot dtekcustoms.com
$2.90 per foot dangerden.com

Reservoir- Need a recommendation? Or should I just place a t-piece before the pump as a bleed and fill tube?

Natural Polypropylene "Y" for "1/2" Tubing
$1.75 dangerden.com
This would be for the extra AMD top on the Maze 3. Though if you guys recommend against the top, then I will not need to purchase this.

Metal Worm-drive ring clamps or worm screw type
$5.00 or less, I could probably purchase these from Home Depo/ Lowes, etc.

Case- Need a good recommendation. All I need is enough space to fit the radiator in the lower front part of the case. I'll use my Black and Decker to drill a 120mm hole. I would like it somewhat roomy.

Water Additives - Redline Water Wetter
12 ounces $7.50 dangerden.com
80 % De-ionised/distilled water / 15 % Car Anti-freeze / 5 % Redline "Water Wetter"

Water Flow: Resevoir --> Pump --> radiator --> CPU Block --> GPU Block--> Resevoir

How does this setup look? Price is not a concern, though I would like the best bang for the buck so to speak. I would like to keep it under $500 (which should be plenty, if not then I'll go for the Vapochill). Though, I want a project to keep me busy for awhile, something hands on. The Vapo would not be that fun(already pre-assembled).

I would definitely like your recommendations on the parts listed? As you can probably tell, I'm trying to purchase the most products through the same seller so shipping costs and orders will be less of a hassel. It would suck to order one part from a seller and pay twice that much just for shipping. The list I have came up with was just a "sample". If there is better out there, then please list them.

Thank you all for your time...

hey that looks good cept go with the maze and the ehiem 1250 its alot more heavy duty u get better waterflow and its not that much bigger (its what i have)

the ehiem 1250 its alot more heavy duty u get better waterflow and its not that much bigger (its what i have)

Your wrong bud...The Eheim 1060 is MUCH bigger and more powerful than the Eheim 1250. I believe you are thinking of the Eheim 1048, which IS smaller and pumps less GPH. The 1060, however, is HUGE. It pumps 600 GPH. View all 3 pumps here:

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/pumps.asp

To answer your question though SuperCoolDude, I think the 1250 is MORE than enough for you. In fact many people are saying the 1048 is more than enough, but I use the 1250 and I'm happy with it. I wouldn't get the 1060. Its huge and you don't need that type of flow using only a GPU and CPU WB. Not to mention it will take up a lot more space in your case and put more heat into the air/or water if your using a res.

The extra top for the Maze 3 is pretty pointless unless you plan on breaking your top. They are fairly rugged and heavy duty, plus you can always order the extra top later if you do damage the original one somehow (though I doubt you will).

As for those Delta fans on the radiator...I hope you strap your computer down, cuz those will lift it off the ground! LOL..those things have to freaking sound like a damn hurricane. The 80mm deltas are too much for me, and that 120mm/190CFM Delta is even louder. Plus, I think it will be pointless. Two Panaflo High Output 103CFM fans will be 1/4th as loud and provide more than enough cooling. I don't really think using those deltas will give you any additional performace gain over something like Panaflo, but it certainly will be 4-5x as loud. I'd re-consider using those.

Personally I'd go with heatercore over BIX. I have the BIX and am planning on swapping it for the Pro-core w/shrouds soon from Dtek customs. I b et my temps drop 2-4C just because of the swap. But then again, the BIX is purdy and small and compact, so both have their respective advantages/disadvantages.

As for the WB, you might also want to look at the TC-4 Sidewinder from Dtek. There have been leaked pics of it on procooling.com and here recently and it looks great! Maybe hold off for a month or so and see if there is any comparative roundoup of Maze 3, Spiral, TC-4, etc. I'm sure someone will be posting one soon as with all these new blocks, folks are itching to see temps and performance in a side-by-side comparion review.

XiveX

Last edited:
jamesvbon said:
hey that looks good cept go with the maze and the ehiem 1250 its alot more heavy duty u get better waterflow and its not that much bigger (its what i have)

You might have mistaken the 1060 as the 1048.
The 1048 is 158 GPH.
The 1250 is 317 GPH.
The 1060 is 600 GPH.

Alot of folks who have the 1250 wished they had got the 1048, much smaller and puts out alot less heat. That is what i run. I would do an inline system, no res.

Back