• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HR-02 Macho for sale now.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
I started my writeup of this heatsink today and just ran across a link from Thermalright's website of a place that says they have the Macho in stock for sale. I never have heard of them before today and their "about us" says they are a new company with "honest, sincere manner to do business". They have the HR-02 Macho listed at it's official MSRP of $39.95, so they aren't trying to rip people off with inflated pricing. Ther store is Nan's Gaming Gear.

So if anyone wants to take a stab at a Macho with this vendor, that is the link to the Macho for sale. Like I stated earlier, I haven't heard anything about this vendor, positive or negative, before today. If you do decide to buy from them, I would use a credit card instead of a debit card, at least until we know what kind of vendor this company is. With a credit card you can always do a chargeback if they try to stiff you and depending on your bank, might or moght not be the case when using a debit card. But since they were linked from Thermalright's website, I have some confidence they are legit.

mudd

Interesting tip, thanks Jim! I'm always a little skeptical when I see a language barrier and awkward statements like "honest, sincere manner to do business". It makes me wonder if they really have their stuff together I guess, as I get a ton of emails from Asia stating similar things and promoting spam or weird component distributors that seem like scams.

Like you though, seeing a reference on Thermalright's site lends an interesting amount of credibility. :thup:

I look forward to your review on this cooler and how it compares to the original Intel only HR-02. It seems like the price has come down and now includes a 140mm fan.

it seems like couple guys, on another forum, ordered through that website and got their orders delivered in a timely manner

They've also got TRUE Spirits for $30 and it claims to support 1366/1156/1155/775 & AM2/AM3 Processors. I thought that HS only came w/ 1366 brackets?

http://nansgaminggear.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2563126

Look carefully at the base block, Jason. That is a new revision of the TS that's just getting into the pipeline. Actually, I just heard about it and also another value line TR product coming real soon. This new revision TS uses the same mounting hardware as the HR-02 Macho and yes, it does support all modern sockets and mountings. My HR-02 Macho review should be up soon, where I will spend some time talking about the new mounting system.:D And since the name is listed there on that website, the other value line new heatsink is called the True Spirit 140. I haven't seen pics of it yet, but my TR contact said he would see about getting me both the new Rev TS and a TS 140 to review.

mudd

EDIT: Just looked on the Thermalright website and they have a page up showing the TS 140 right here. Now that looks very interesting, kind of like a TRUE with a revised base block for the new mounting system. BTW, the MSRP on this one will also be $39.95, just like the HR-02 Macho.

Last edited:
I'm glad they finally decided to provide mounting options for all sockets on the TS. Now the TS can compete w/ the 212+ and 212 EVO.

Very interesting about the TS140 as well. I'd like to see all these budget HS's compared:

212+
212 EVO
TS
TS140
HR-02

I've done the original TS, 212+ and my Macho review is in review right now. So you will be able to directly compare my results on them on the same platform and test environment and under the same parameters. My TR contact is going to send me a new rev TS and a TS140 for review. All I need now is for Cooler Master to step up and provide an Evo. I bought the 212+, but I'm giving them no more free rides. Buying heatsinks gets very expensive and they don't seem to be selling very well in the Classies after the review is done.

Back