• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212 Evo fan compatability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MunkyTOS

Hello,

I'm in the works of purchasing a hyper 212 evo. First of all I would like to know your thoughts on a single 120 mm fan setup vs 2x 120 mm fan setups in either dual exhaust or push pull config. Then to know if there are any specifics to fans that will fit or its up in the air. Also if people have personal experience with finding good options.

It looks like it uses the same fan clipping system as the 212+, which will work with just about any 120 mm fan you can think of. You can look at my review of the 212+ and see the different models of fans I mounted on it. One of those fans weighs over 700 grams and the clip system that Cooler Master uses held it securely.

It looks like it uses the same fan clipping system as the 212+, which will work with just about any 120 mm fan you can think of. You can look at my review of the 212+ and see the different models of fans I mounted on it. One of those fans weighs over 700 grams and the clip system that Cooler Master uses held it securely.

Nice thank you :) After watching some unboxing videos of the 212 evo i realized they had mounting clips. I'll be sure to check out your post and browse around.

Would a pair of these go well on it?

Looks like at max RPM it doesnt even break 25 dba which seems good compared to some of the fans i've seen.

I've never used them so I can't say for sure. A pair of them would probably do a good job though, but Jab-tech is out of stock on them. But some I know would do well are a pair of GT AP-15 fans. They aren't PWM fans, but then they are quiet enough to not need PWM control. They are also optimized for heatsink and radiator use in that they have good static pressure for the air they blow, meaning better flow rate through your heatsink or radiator.

I've never used them so I can't say for sure. A pair of them would probably do a good job though, but Jab-tech is out of stock on them. But some I know would do well are a pair of GT AP-15 fans. They aren't PWM fans, but then they are quiet enough to not need PWM control. They are also optimized for heatsink and radiator use in that they have good static pressure for the air they blow, meaning better flow rate through your heatsink or radiator.

Look pretty nice to me. I've noticed scythe seems to have a pretty good rep for cooling. I snagged a pair of these so hopefully my 212 and fans come in together so i can get them on my i7 and see better temps. Push pull ideal config?

I like a lot of Scythe's fan offerings. As far as their heatsinks go, the only one I've had in the past is the original Ninja, which actually didn't impress me that much. And AFAIK, they don't send us product to review.

I like a lot of Scythe's fan offerings. As far as their heatsinks go, the only one I've had in the past is the original Ninja, which actually didn't impress me that much. And AFAIK, they don't send us product to review.

I believe the original after market cooler i bought for my pc was a scythe, mugen 3? or something along those lines. Sadly i never tested my system with it and was afraid to put it back in with the enormous size of it.

So my cooler master came in today. Is it possible to remove/attach the fans while its seated on the cpu? My reason for asking this is I ordered a pair of gentle typhoons off jab tech but they're not schedule to come til next week. So I am wondering if I should wait or i can install the heatsink and fan tonight and just throw replace the fans next week.

They should just clip on and off the heatsink with it installed. At least it was like that with the 212+ I had bought for review.

Alright nice, well in that case I'll spend some time tonight getting it on and see how the temps are over the weekend.

wow wow wow! running real temp after booting my computer up with the gentle typhoons in. Showing 28-31° c on my cores, down from roughly 35° average using the one cm fan.

Question however, how close can the back fan be to my RAM? It clears it by not by much.

Back