• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212 EVO fan options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bluefalcon13

Hey everyone. I am working on my final setup in my NZXT, and after my original H80 failed, I RMA'd it and started working on getting all the parts I need for a custom loop. In the mean time, I picked up a 212 EVO as a backup air cooler. Right now, I am running the fan that comes with it, but due to only having one PWM header (which is taming my noctua iPPC fans) I am running it full tilt.

I was wondering, do you all think two NZXT FN.2 (newest revision) would work better in a push pull compared to the stock cooler master fan? Both would run full tilt as my mobo only has one PWM header and my Noctua intake fans are under a very aggressive sound-reducing fan-curve which wouldn't really get the CPU cooler fan to behave properly under load.

Have a PWM splitter from Silverstone ATM. The problem is only one fully functional PWM header on the mobo, therefore I only have one fan curve. I do not want my CPU cooler nueteted like my iPPC intake fans :p

Have a PWM splitter from Silverstone ATM. The problem is only one fully functional PWM header on the mobo, therefore I only have one fan curve. I do not want my CPU cooler nueteted like my iPPC intake fans :p

Just control your case fans off the CPU curve, that's what I do.
That way, when you load up, the whole case gets more airflow to help out :thup:

That's what I am doing, but the dual fans (NZXT FN V2s) are slightly quieter than the cooler master fan, yet have less cfm and less static pressure.

That was what this question was leading towards :)

Granted I hadn't finished my morning coffee, so maybe I should save my questions for after that :p

I don't plan on swapping out the iPPC fans. They will be my fans on a push only 280 rad (not enough space for push pull due to case) down the road. I want the crazy air-moving performance for really high clocks, but in general use they will be toned down.

I am looking into creating either custom fan controller software for the mobo, and/or a custom controller I can code how I want the PWM response to be.

Oo...8-140's in an R5?

Was supposed to be 5+AIO but ordered 9 by mistake so why not. Doesn't harm AFAIK and the 8370 thanks me. Plus like i mentioned : pure and awesome silence :clap:

(did i mention i like quiet ? got 4 kids so any little bit of quiet i can get i take... by the balls)

Not in a million years am I gonna let anyone with a knife anywhere down there m8...

It's only like 30 mins... With roughly 2 weeks of recovery tops (you feel decent enough for most things within a few days) with near perfect prevention of having more kids for the rest of your life....

For me, I had the same concerns, but the Valium they told me to take eliminated those concerns, and then some for the 30 mins. :p

But I think I have derailed this thread enough. Thanks for the answers everyone.

Back