• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hyper 212 Evo vs Hyper 412 Slim

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rohitr

Registered
As the topic says which is better? I have an intel i5 2500k with an h67 motherboard. My stock cooler is giving some problem so thought of replacing it. Also 412 Slim is a bit costlier. What i'm thinking is that in the cheaper alternative i'll buy the Hyper 212 Evo which comes with a single fan and add an additional fan later so it can act as with PUSH-PULL configuration. Any Suggestions? :)

I've seen a Hyper212+ regularly take 2500Ks to 4.5GHz and beyond. It's a very cool chip and doesn't require much in the way of cooling.

Before you spend anything on a new cooler, try disconnecting the speed control wire on the existing one.

I don't know about the 412 Slim but the 212 Evo comes with a weak stock fan. It's probably enough for a 2500k but my 3930k really asks for a better one.

I've got the hyper evo on my 2500k, did replace the fan though, got 2 corsair quiet sp 120s on it, have no problems running it at 4.5, could prob push it farther but never felt the need, it's a good cooler.

I have two Hyper 212 EVOs and they keep my dual Xeon E5620s overclocked to 3.5GHz, with all cores at 100%, temps hardly break 100F, no higher than 110F.

Highly reccomend them.

Back